Elijah Mikaelson x Reader

Start from the beginning

"Excuse me, miss?"  

A voice deep and masculine, though accented with something foreign, and yet beautiful interrupted your fantasy, and a small gasp came forthe from parted lips, eyes a bit wider as they suddenly realized that her company was no longer simply herself.  Delicate fingers flew to her thundering heart, eyelids fluttering shut for the briefest of moments, before the young woman glanced upon the figure who spoke.

Her heart may have been beating wildly, but it nearly froze when she saw that of whom stood before her.  He was incredibly beautiful.  It was almost as though the word did not even describe him completely.  He wore a smile, warm and mysteriously sly, though not cocky-for his eyes held sincerity in their dark depths.  

For a moment, (Y/N) could not speak, as her mind tried to memorize this man, so that she could sketch him endlessly later.  Finally, she found her voice.

"Forgive me I...."  His eyes searched yours, and it became more difficult to formulate proper sentences.  "I usually do not startle so easily sir."  A faint blush marked your cheeks, and Elijah did not miss it.  He too memorized the way you appeared before him, so that he would be able to picture you throughout the days.  His smile widened just a bit.

"Please,"  The man started, "The fault is mine."  He too lay a hand over his heart, his unblinking gaze meeting your own, unable to look away.  

His words, the way he spoke, it was so fluid, so elequent, you found yourself blushing even more.  It was as though a story book you had read, him a knight in shining armor, come to save you from your simple imagination, and sweep you off your feet into a world of reality.  You tucked a stray piece of hair behind your ear, other hand still holding limply onto the forgotten pencil, the art now a project for later.

"Are you not a new resident here?  If I may be so bold as to ask, that is?"  It was not as if Elijah was a man to stalk, but he would have remembered you had he seen you before, that was not something he doubted.

You shook your head gently, an innocent smile touching soft features, as your (e/c) eyes turned to the ground, unsure of what to say around this charming stranger.

"Yes, I just moved in-I have actually been meaning to look around myself more.  The town is quite big and I still haven't had much spare time to see it."  You felt so out of league around this man, as you tried desperately to speak to the best of your ability, in hopes he would admire your speech, or perhaps your confidence in the matter of moving, though in truth you felt rather unsure.  In nervous habit, you bit your lip once again.

Elijah noticed the action, and inside he melted, his being wanting nothing more than to capture you in a passionate kiss, his arm around your waist pulling you to him in wanton romance as he suckled your lips.  Desperately he hoped you had not a lover, for he felt if you did he would die, no matter the irony.  An idea came to his mind, followed by a knowing smile.

"Well, I have lived her for quite a while."  He paused, a grin tugging at the corners of his lips.  Whenever your eyes were on him, he felt as though he would drown in those beautiful hues of (e/c).  You were a goddess, or a nymph, come to take his soul, or sing him into the depths of the ocean, though he felt as though it were you, he would not care.

"I could give you a tour myself, of course."

Your eyes widened, and once more you found your lips parting in surprise.  Already he offered to help you, and you barely knew him.  The faintest of crimson warmed your cheeks, eyes holding wonder and gratitude, and incredible admiration-you felt as though you would swoon just listening to the deep tones of his entrancing voice.  

"I...I would be incredibly honored, thank you, so much..I.." You felt somewhat speechless.  It was rare for you to be at a loss for words, and this man showed that something about him changed you.  You felt your heart, which had craved love, craved romance and passion for so long, begin to stir, begin to blossom and bloom.

Elijah studied you as you spoke, feeling incredibly pleased as he thought over the idea of you on his arm, like a pair walking throughout town.  Perhaps later he could walk you home, oh how caged he was in you.  He worried he would never be able to free himself.

"How silly of me-" He started suddenly, the original reaching down and taking your delicate hand in his own, warmth spreading throughout your body at his actions, wondering with a thudding heart what this man was doing.  Soon you realized though, and you almost fainted, as he brought your chilled fingers to his lips, gaze never leaving your own as he pressed a kissed to the back of your hand, eventually pulling back to keep your palm in his own.  Your breathing grew slightly sparce, and you were unable to force back your smile.

"I'm Elijah Mikaelson."