"There's a compound located just outside of Oakwood, Ohio. The Defaecatio are expecting us to arrive tonight." His tone was harsh, but I knew he was serious.

"Why?" I questioned, "Aren't you running from the Def too? Why just hand yourself over to them?"

"I don't think you understand Ellie," Knox gave a bitter laugh. "The Def are desperate to get Rosen and Cole back. They will do anything, even if it means letting me be free. In exchange for me giving them the opportunity to capture Rosen and Cole, they offered me freedom. A life without being on the run." Knox explained, not breaking his expressionless mask.

I understood why Knox would do this, his freedom was more important to him then the betrayal of his fellow defectors. Although, I still didn't understand why I had to be in the middle of everything.

I gave an exaggerated sigh, knowing there would be no convincing of Knox into letting me go. Looking out the window, I began to plot an opportunity of escape.

"Please," I begged for the millionth time. I had been trying to convince Knox for the last ten minutes to stop so I could pee.

"No. You can wait another three hours," he replied. I grumbled in response.

"I'm a girl,"

"What does that have to do with anything?" I let him sit for a moment to ponder it.

"Do you want blood all over your car seats?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

The tires squealed as he spun into the nearest gas station. I refrained from holding in a grin. Boys were all the same.

"I'm not letting you go in alone though," Knox commented, parking the car and getting out. I followed after him into the little store, rolling my eyes. He stopped outside of the bathrooms and looked at me. I stared back.

"I need your backpack." I stated. Knox's brow furrowed,, looking apprehensive.

"Why?"

"Your money is in there and I obviously have to buy a tampon so..." I replied bluntly. Now was not the time to be embarrassed and skirmish. He sighed, but handed me the bag. Idiot. He could have just given me some money but he was too worried about the idea that I was bleeding to bother.

"Thanks," I chirped, pushing into the bathroom. I nearly threw up in relief at seeing the window on the side wall. It was fairly high up, and smaller than a regular window but I knew I would fit. Turning back, I double checked I had the door locked before I started rummaging through the backpack. Opening the first pocket, I saw a gun. Seriously, was he really that stupid to let me have possession of his bag.

Ruffling through the rest of the pockets, I finally came across a pocket knife. Smiling to myself, I slung the backpack onto my shoulders and hoisted myself up onto the countertop. Standing up, my smile grew as I realized the window was about waist high and I would easily be able to crawl through it.

Grabbing the knife, I began cutting away at the screen. When I pushed up on the glass, I let out a frustrated grunt as I realized the window was sealed shut. I'd have to break the glass. But doing this would create a lot of noise, and therefore Knox would immediately know something was up.

"Ellie?" There was a knock. "We really don't have all day." My heart stuttered.

"It takes me longer than ten seconds to change a tampon asshole," I yelled, my gaze darting around the bathroom as I formed and idea. Jumping from the counter, I quickly walked over to flush the toilet, then turned the faucet on. As the water ran, I grabbed some paper toweling, wedging it on the hand dryer so It's motion sensor detected it and turned on. I was thankful for the hand dryer being so old, as the noise was so loud it could probably be heard from the registers.