CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

Start from the beginning

"I'll just get it downstairs then."

He rolled his eyes at me and handed me his glass then poured himself another one. Colton's office was actually pretty big. He had a desk with papers and his laptop was opened, there was a long, black couch, the small bar with all kind of alcohol and a bathroom. The highlight of his office was the big glass window that faced the club. He could see everything from here. I looked out the window. It was pretty dark but I could make out the people dancing and see the bartenders move quickly as they made drinks. It was ideal for Colton-he liked having control.

I took a sip of the wine. "So how are you?"

He shrugged as he sat next to me on the couch. "Busy."

"Still whoring around?"

He looked at me and raised his eyebrows. "You stay out of my love life and I'll stay out of yours."

I smiled. "Deal."

"Who are you here with?"

"Mom. Didn't she tell you we were coming? She's trying to set me up with some guy," I rolled my eyes. "I've been running away from him all day."

"As much as I don't like idea of you screwing your bodyguard-you are allowed to be who you want to be with." He said he said with a frown.

"Thank you!"

"So tell her."

I shook my head. "No, not yet."

He shrugged. "Then don't complain."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Okay, smart-ass."

He chuckled. "It's good to see you, Hannah."

I smiled at him. "You too. I miss you."

His phone began to ring and he answered it. "Okay," He said after a moment and then hung up. "Mom's on her way up."

I stood up. "That's my cue to leave."

"Please take care," He said as he hugged me again.

I nodded. "You too. I'll see if I can come more often."

"Okay."

He kissed my cheek and then I turned around and walked out before my mom could see me.

Without a word I grabbed Nathan's hand and pulled him down the stairs and out of the club.

"What happened?" he asked once we were outside.

"He's not going to say anything," I said with a shrug. "Let's get out of here."

I waited for Nathan go get one of the trucks and then hoped in when he pulled up.

"You know, just so you know, I would have taken responsibility," Nathan said as he drove.

I frowned. "What are you talking about?"

"If your parents or anyone else found out about us-I would take full responsibility for my actions. I just want you to know that."

I looked out the window as I smiled. "Okay."

"So where am I headed?" he asked after a moment.

"Can we get some food? And then, I don't know," I looked at him. "Take me to your place."

He grinned. "Your wish, my command Collins."

I smiled but didn't say anything. I really wanted to be with him.

It was scary how much I missed him. I was starting to get used to being around him.

I wanted to be with him-all the time.

I turned to look at him as he drove-he really was the most handsome guy I had ever been with. He was different.

He had to be different from everyone else.

He had to.