CHAPTER FIFTEEN

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

I rolled my eyes at the blank sketch of paper in front of me. I had been meaning to sketch something, get my mind off of things for a while but nothing was coming to me. The only thing I wanted to draw was how good Nathan looked on the beach. It had been a week since we arrived and Nathan and Patrick had actually been getting more along now. Today wasn't as cold as it had been so we had decided to spend some time outside. Nathan and Patrick were throwing a football back and forth, joking and messing around.

I smiled as I gazed at them.

Nathan was actually wearing jeans with a red sweater and white T-shirt underneath. He looked like a college boy as he played with Patrick. And of course, very good-looking.

"Hannah?"

"Huh?" I asked as I pressed the phone closer to my ear.

I had forgotten I was talking to Nick.

Nick chuckled. "I asked you how you were liking Miami so far."

I smiled. "Oh, it's great! I really like it here and I loved seeing Patrick."

"I'm glad you're having a good time," he cleared his throat. "I wanted to talk to you about your bodyguard, Nathan?"

I frowned. "Uh-what about him?"

"Last time I checked, you hated him. Don't think I forgot when you asked dad to take him off your service. I know you never wanted to tell me what he did to you-"

"He didn't do anything to me." I said quickly. Too quickly.

"So you just hated him out of nowhere?"

"I didn't hate him."

"Listen, I just wanted to know if you're comfortable with him. I just want to know if you feel safe with him."

I looked up at Nathan who was just catching the throw from Patrick. He was shouting something at Patrick as he threw the ball back at him.

I smiled. "Yes, Nickelodeon. I feel very safe with him."

Nick laughed. "Ok, I believe you."

"So how are you? How's Rachel?"

"I'm so tired of being in bed." He complained. "Rachel is good. She doesn't let me do anything."

"She's just taking care of you."

"I know." I could almost see his smile.

"I can't believe you still don't know who shot you."

"I know, it's ridiculous. I feel bad because dad is working so hard and the media has been all over him. They are barely starting to leave us alone. I had to force Rachel to take a bodyguard."

"She agreed?"

Rachel had always hated the idea of bodyguards. She always refused to have one.

"Not exactly. Let's just say I had guilt her into agreeing. It's not pretty." He laughed.

"Well, I hope you find out soon. Before I have to go back to school."

Christmas was coming but I didn't mind spending it here with Patrick. School was something I couldn't just miss, though.

"I know. Hopefully we'll figure this whole thing out soon." He paused. "I'll call you later, Hannah, please take care. Let Nathan take care of you."

I smiled. "You too, Nick. Love you."

"Love you too, bye."

I hung up and stare at the blank piece of paper in front of me. The shut the book. I didn't know what was happening to me. Usually, sketching helped take my mind off of things but today, I couldn't seem to be able to draw anything.