CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE

My hands gripped the seat as the car began to glide around in circles. My eyes were open, it made me feel dizzy and sick to my stomach so I shut my eyes tightly and braced myself for the worst. I felt the car hit something, making it bolt forward, if it weren't for my seatbelt, I'm positive I would have ended up crashing through the windshield. The car suddenly came to a complete stop.

I couldn't hear anything and I was too scared to open my eyes. Until I felt someone-Nathan grab me by the shoulders and I felt him shake me. I opened my eyes and stared into his green eyes. He was shouting but I couldn't hear anything. Why was he so angry? Why couldn't I hear anything? I must be in shock. And then, slowly, I began to hear again.

"Hannah! Are you alright? God, please say something!" Nathan was shouting at me.

"What-happened?" I blurted out. The only thing illuminating us was the light in the car. Everything else was dark. I could smell gasoline and burnt tire.

"Oh, thank God." Nathan sighed in relief. "A car hit us. Are you alright?" he asked, his green eyes scanning my body. "Can you stand? We can't stay here."

I seriously felt sick. Scared that I would throw up on him, I just nodded then began to stand up. My knees felt weak. I had never been in a car accident before but I knew I was lucky to not have a single scratch.

Nathan put an arms around my waist, as if he were unsure of me being able to walk. I was unsure myself. When I took the first step, I felt the food go up my throat and I halted. I threw up on the poor grass.

Oh God. This is so embarrassing.

"Are you alright?" Nathan asked behind me after I stopped.

"I think so..." I said straightening up. Surprisingly enough, I did feel much better. Nathan handed me a water bottle and I washed my mouth a few times, spitting the water out. The aftertaste was still there, but it was a little less. That was so gross. I hated throwing up.

I reached for my purse and searched through it until I found the pack of gum. I was relieved. I was already embarrassed, I didn't want him to smell my bad breath too.

I looked around and realized that the only reason the car stopped was because it hit a tree. The tree was huge and didn't seem to be bended or damaged at all. Unfortunately, I couldn't say the same thing about the car. It looked bad. The hood was out of place and smoke was coming out of it, it made me wonder how Nathan had gotten out without a scratch.

"Where's the other car?" I wondered, looking around. The street was completely empty.

"It was a stupid truck." Nathan said, sounding angry as he opened the trunk of the car. "And they drove away."

"Nathan..." I said slowly. He looked up at me, alarmed. "We are in the middle of nowhere...what are we going to go?"

I was scared. It was freezing and it was dark, and we didn't have a car. We were in the middle of nowhere and there was nobody that could help us.

Nathan walked to me and began to run his hands up and down my shoulders, I hadn't even realized I was shaking. It was cold and his warmth was comforting. "Breathe, Hannah. You have nothing to worry about. I won't let anything happen to you." He promised.

"That doesn't make me feel better." I told him, freaking out.

He chuckled softly. "Well, I mean it. Whatever happens, you're going to be okay."

I didn't know what else to say, I still didn't feel safe but at least I wasn't alone. Maybe Nathan's confidence would save us tonight. I just nodded and Nathan went back to the trunk of the car. I watched as he took out a suitcase and a duffel bag, which he threw over his shoulder.