Memory of ice

She ran and ran until her legs were numb,got stronger and fiercer by the day,and never lost sense of her powers. Everything had been hard,until now. All you really have to do is think about how good this pain will feel unlike getting stabbed and turning into a monster. Thinking about the air brushing your face through the cold sweat and making you feel unstoppable. 

At least,that's what Narumi thinks of. 

She had no time to take breaks,especially not after a bet. She had to get there,before the others did. She was going to win this,no matter what.. After all her training,this could escalate pretty good. She'd win and be the best of the best. 

Behind her,she heard someone running lightly,and when she looked back she saw the one and only sakura Haruno. She smirked at Narumi as she ran.. Oh yea,as if she'd let her! 

Narumi pushed herself harder,running even faster,and then she saw a few trees,jumping between them and jumping even higher with each step she took. Narumi could see the village from here,and a little bit more..Then she'd be the first one there. 

"You're slow,Narumi!" She looked at her left,and there he was. It was like looking into a mirror,except he was taller and had short hair,as for Narumi herself,she had very long hair,and was about quite a good height..to 5'6 at the very least. 

Naruto has always been eager to surpass his sister,but whatever the reason, both are very strong,and both have immense chakra. The difference is that she was already born with greater and special chakra since the very beginning,and all because of the Uzumaki clan's blood in Narumi's veins. 

"Don't fool yourself,brother," she smirked and jumped to the side,landing right on his back as he ran. Narumi may have stronger chakra,but Naruto's always been faster. 

"That's cheating!" he cried out as she put her arms around him. 

"I don't give a crap,keep running. We're twins after all!" He rolled his eyes and carried his sister on his back as he ran between the trees. 

Closer than ever to the village,Narumi got up from his back and kicked his spine,hard. Naruto fell down with a hard thunt just as Narumi kept going to her goal; the village. She never even looked at back at her brother,just kept running like everything was okay. 

Just a few meters..just a few.. 

"I don't think so!"  Narumi,hom had been running like a maniac,now stopped and was almost unable to keep her feet on the ground as Kakashi sensei stood in front of her with that smile showing off in his eyes. 

He was right in front of her,inside the village. Damn it.. 

"How in the world did you get there!" Naruto yelled out,coming behind Narumi along with Sakura. Narumi looked up at the sky,and indeed there was Sai on his bird.. 

Kakashi sensei laughed and itched his neck. "You see,when you're faster than your comrades-"

"YOU CHEATED DIDN'T YOU,KAKASHI SENSEI?!" Sakura yelled out,holding out her fist. Indeed Sakura was very competitive,but so was Naruto. Narumi didn't mind loosing,but she hated coming second. At the end of the day,they were gonna be laughing at this during training. 

"No!" Kakashi sensei said,defending himself at the very point of it all. "I'm just.."

"Say it." Naruto challenged with a threatening look. "Just say it." And then it was almost as if he said in a slow motion. 

"..Faster." Kakashi sensei ended his sentence,looking deadly serious now. "I said it." 

Narumi backed away before something intense was going to happen,which she knew was going to. 

*

Narumi layed on the bed,looking up at the ceiling as she thought of everything she'd been through these past seventeen years. After all,today was her's and Naruto's birthday. But also the day of her parents death,October 10th. 

It's been seventeen years since the attack,and about three years ago since her closest friend had left,Sasuke. Narumi knew that both she and Naruto had high respect for Sasuke,and Sakura had been deadly in love with him. However,while Naruto just wanted to grow stronger and surpass Sasuke,Narumi trained to avenge her parents death someday. 

Narumi drew out something from her pocket and stared at it for moments. Moments that would allow her to be the one she wants to be; weak,vulnerable and pretty  much a cry baby. 

She couldn't stop daring at that beautiful red hair,couldn't stop staring at their blue eyes that resembled hers and her brother's blue eyes. They were very much alike their father,but they had their mothers nose,and her looks. 

Narumi was looking at a picture of her mother and father,Minato and Kushina. The Third Hokage had given it to her and Naruto when they were little,and ever since that day,Narumi and Naruto has always kept the photo close to them. Sometimes Narumi took the picture with her,even though she knew it was risky. 

She wiped away her tears whom were already burning against her hot cheeks. Better not cry,Naruto may come in any minute telling her that Sai and Sakura were waiting outside. She better go anyway.. 

And just like Narumi thought,Naruto had been yelling in front of her face that she was late,as always. She didn't care much of it,all she really wanted was to crawl back in her bed and sleep her depression of her parents off her mind. 

"So,what do you guys want to do for your birthday?" Sakura asked,looking at the both of them. Both Sakura and Sai had bought them presents. Sai bought the same for both of them,which was a necklace with the number seven on it,a reminder of team seven. 

Sakura bought Narumi a dress,with cuts on the sides. Obviously,it wasn't a dress for nights out,but it was a dress for fighting,as for Naruto,she bought him a new pair of shoes. And yes,indeed Naruto was in need for it but never bought it. 

"I don't know," Narumi said,looking around as they walked through the village. Sakura lit up. 

"Well,Kakashi sensei wants to meet you guys for a little bit." Naruto started complaining about not getting ramen,but Narumi would much rather not anything at all today. 

Her friends never stopped talking,but Narumi herself wa svery quiet. All she could think about was her parents,her heroic parents,as Naruto liked to say. However,she would never forget what their parents had done for her and Naruto. 

And in return,Narumi would kill the person who started the war seventeen years ago. 

----------

https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/97474918-the-hokage%27s-daughter-sequel-to-ninja-heart  Don't forget to read the SEQUEL!! :D