saying goodbye

This one-shot is by nalugruviagale on deviantart.

Lucy's hand rested on her stomach, it was rather large, now that she was 5 months into her pregnancy, as she sat on the specially made cushioned chair by the bar. Mira smiled, walking up to her.

"What would you like?" She had slight bags under her eyes, no one could blame her. She had to raise two kids that took after their dads lightning magic. They were always full of energy. Laxus was usually away on long missions to keep them fed and all but when he came home they'd listen to anything he said. He was pretty scary looking.

"Nothing. I'm just worried..." Lucy replied, her eyes travelling to the floor. She was deep in thought.

"About what?" Mira asked, a concerned look taking over her features.

"Mira?" The two women turned to greet their scarlet haired friend.

"Yes Erza?" She asked, a slightly concerned look still on her face.

"Are you ok? You look...not happy." Erza had just handed her little boy, Lukas, to Jellal.

"It's Lucy we should be worrying about." Mirajane said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"What's wrong with Lucy?" Juvia asked, walking up to the three with Levy. Juvia and Gray had a little girl the same age as Mira's oldest and were planning on another. Levy was still trying to convince Gajeel to have a kid.

"Natsu... he's just... ever since Mas-Makarov, passed, he's seemed down. I know we all are but, it's like he hasn't accepted it yet, and, I just don't know what to do." Lucy laid her head on the counter. A headache started pounding, she knew it'd get worse with the already mixed up hormones and emotions in her body right then.

"Well, he needs to if it's stressing you out that much..." Mira said, running her hands through Lucy's hair. Since she had boys, Lucy was her go to when she wanted to do hair, or decide clothes. Mira loved her boys, no doubt, but it would have been nice to have a mini Mira running around.

"Just give him time, he'll get over it. He was close to Makarov. You can't blame him for feeling low sometimes." Erza said, stopping Mira from pulling Lucy's hair into pigtails.

"That's the problem, it's not just sometimes, it's all the time. I rarely see him anymore. He's not there when I go to bed, he's not there when I wake up, we rarely run into each other in the guild. Other than him going on missions, I can't even tell if I'm going to have to raise this baby by myself. Plus, he's had time. Erza, it's almost been eight months since it happened. Six months since he last kissed me. Let alone touched me." Lucy sighed, feeling heavy emotions wash over her. She had to stop stressing over it, she knew that, but she couldn't. She couldn't stand to see the man she loved fall apart like a wilting rose. That's exactly what Natsu was. A rose that was slowly dying.

"Lu-chan, maybe you should talk to him.." Levy said, grabbing her friends hand. "I know it may be hard, for both of you, but you have to give him a chance." The others nodded in agreement. She had no choice.

Lucy slowly stood, with the help of MIra, and nodded. "Ok, and I know exactly where to find him. Thank you, really. If this doesn't work out, promise me you'll help me with this baby. I really don't want to be left alone." Lucy said, grabbing Erza's arm.

"Of course. After we killed Natsu, we will most definitely help you raise the baby." They all smiled, all slightly scared that he may really leave her.

Lucy soon made her way out of the guild and towards the one place she knew she could find Natsu.

~

The blonde slowly approached the church graveyard, careful not too make too much noise. She walked around a corner and memories flooded back to her when her eyes landed on the large gold grave with the Fairy Tail emblem on it. Lucy remembered telling her previous master about her pregnancy. It was a couple weeks before he had gone. He was pretty sick, we all knew it was coming, but no one wanted to actually believe it. His smile had lifted her whole world. She remembered when he laid his hand on her stomach and chuckled saying, "This one will cost the guild so much... but they'll keep the guild alive." Lucy let some tears slip as she remembered his own tears. That day, he had told her not to let Natsu fall into the pits of mourn. She hadn't been there to rescue him, though.

She slowly approached the grave, small tears still falling down her cheeks. Natsu was sitting in front of it, weighing himself on his hands behind his back, staring up at the sky. Lucy sniffled and tried to speak.

"N-Natsu.." She got out, stuttering. With her memories and fears crashing into her hormones she couldn't help but continue crying.

"Lucy?" Natsu asked, his brows furrowing once he turned his head to the voice. He stood up instantly, when he saw her tears. "What's wrong?" He asked, his voice full of concern.

"Natsu...I don't want to raise this baby by myself..." She sobbed.

"What?" Natsu had no idea what was going on. He let go of her and held her at arms length, searchin her features intently, making sure no one had hurt her.

"Don't...don't leave me...alone!" She cried, causing Natsu's eyes to go wide.

Everything crashed into him, hard. He had been so busy worrying about the previous master he hadn't even thought of his own life...let alone future. He hadn't held Lucy in so long. Not since the funeral. He hadn't even had a full conversation in months. He began to cry, rage building towards himself. How could he let Lucy go on like this? She must have cried so much over him. He couldn't stand when anyone cried, Lucy especially. He loved her and yet he had paid no attention to her when she needed it most.

"Lucy...I'd never leave you alone...ever. You know that...I...I have no excuses for my horrible behavior, but I won't leave you. Ever. I love you, Luce." He grinned, his signature grin. He hadn't smiled like that in months. His own emotions had taken over, and he couldn't even imagine what Lucy had gone through.

"I love you too, Natsu!" Lucy smiled back.

Natsu pulled her towards him, smashing his lips against hers. He hadn't felt the softness of her lips in so long. When their lips broke he couldn't stop smiling. This was all he needed. He could always visit jii-chan later. His family was his number one priority then and forever after it.

"Let's head back to the guild!" Natsu wrapped his arm around her, walking towards the guild anyways.

"Yeah!" Lucy smiled once more. One no one had seen for a while either.

A little blue cat flew above the two, blush spreading across his cheeks. "They llllllike each other.." He whispered but was caught off guard when someone hit his head.

"You're a little late!" Carla laughed, smiling towards Happy.

This was definitely a fairy tale ending.

Words: 1233