it's my turn to protect you

This nalu one-shot is by KMO27 on deviantart.

***Future Lucy's POV***

It was so strange to die but not as much as coming back. One minute I was going through that light at the end of the tunnel and the next, I was looking at a blue sky. I got up a looked around at a wasteland.

"Where am I?" I asked myself.

"Hey, Lucy," said a male voice

I turned and saw two figures. One was a shape of a man with punk style hair and the other was a small cat-like thing with...with wings??

"Get over here already!" he said with a smile.

I looked at the man with shock. It...it was Natsu. Not the past Natsu, my Natsu. Tears of shock rolled down my cheek.

"Everyone's here waiting!" said the cat. It was Happy.

He looked at me with his signature smile, and then Natsu grabbed my hand and started pulling me to a group of people. I knew them...it was Fairy Tail; Cana, Mirajane, Lisanna, Elfman, Evergreen, Bickslow, Freed, Wendy, Levy-chan, Gajeel, Romeo, Gray, Erza, Carla, Lily, Laxus, Master...everyone!

"Now," Natsu said, "Let's go on more adventures."

His grip never loosened on my right hand, and then it hit me. For the first time in years, I saw my pink Fairy Tail mark on right hand. Tears of happiness now spilled out as I ran with Natsu.

I was so happy; all I could say was "Yeh,"

Then Happy shouted, "Aye sir,"

The moment I reached everyone, I couldn't helped but tackling Team Natsu with a tight hug and we all fall to the ground.

"L-Lucy?" Gray choked out.

"Oi, whats gotten into you?" Natsu asked in surprised.

"A-Aye!" Happy squeaked "Can't breathe. Can't breathe!"

"Lucy," Erza said worried.

I was still crying, I couldn't help it, "You're alive. I can't believe it."

"What are you talking about?" Gray shouted, struggling against my grip, "You were the one who got lost and worried us."

Then it hit me. I bet none of them remember that future with the dragon since it never even happened in a parallel version of this time. So I made a white lie.

"I just had a bad dream, that's all," I lied, getting off them.

"Hey, we are just glad you are ok," Erza put a hand on my shoulder, "You got hit pretty hard by that giant we fought earlier."

I just nodded, not knowing what they were talking.

(((One week later)))

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Dear Mama,

It has been a week since Past Natsu and Past Fairy Tail defeated that version of Rogue and destroyed the gate. Fairy Tail is the same reckless guild as always and now even Sting and Rogue joined the guild, not to mention Froshes and Lector. No one remembers anything, but I think that's for that best.
Also ever since this incident, I think I have fallen for Natsu. I mean, before the games, I liked Natsu also. He is stubborn, goofy, but loyal and very strong. When he died trying to save me from the dragons the first time, I thought my heart had shatter to pieces. Is that normal, Mama?
Your Daughter,
Lucy