Chapter 5

In this, Chapter there will be music provided, please play the music when told to so, in part of the story it make sense.

~Bri's P.O.V.~

My vision starts to get blurry, the wind gets stronger, making my eyes tear up. He knows where he's going, yet he hasn't even been in these woods. I start to see an open field with an abandoned truck.

"This seems sketchy, an open field with a truck in the middle of it. have you seen those, movies?" I ask.

"I left it here, before I ran into you. Hurry up and get in!" Daryl responds, getting in the driver's seat and closing the door.

I roll my eyes and crawl in. I buckle my seatbelt, because I don't know how Daryl drives.

"Where are we gonna go?" I ask.

"Back to Michonne and Carl, we aren't staying there, we have other people to meet and you're coming with." Daryl snaps back.

Daryl starts the car and places the driving stick in reverse. He pulls out and drives to the woods going about 25 miles an hour.

"Wh-oo are we going to meet?" I ask in trembled voice.

"People." He says half-interrupting me.

I press the on button, to start the radio.

"OH MY GOD! RUNAWAY! MY FAVORITE SONG! Can you please turn it up?" I ask excitedly.

Daryl smirks and chuckles a little, he turns it up for me.
I softly sing to the lyrics watching us pass the trees.

*Start music now.*

Think I can fly, think I can fly when I'm with U

My arms are wide, catching fire as the wind blows

I know that I'm rich enough for pride,

I see a billion dollars in your eyes

Even if we're strangers til we die

I wanna run away

I wanna run away

Anywhere out this place

I wanna run away

Just U and I, I, I, I, I

U and I, I, I, I, I

U and I, I, I, I, I

U and I, I, I, I, I

Just U and I

I wanna run

Chase the morning sun when I'm with U

Give it all away

Catching fire as the wind blows

I know that I'm rich enough for pride,

I see a billion dollars in your eyes

Even if we're strangers til we die

I wanna run away

I wanna run away

Anywhere out this place

I wanna run away

Just U and I, I, I, I, I

U and I, I, I, I, I

U and I, I, I, I, I

U and I, I, I, I, I

Just U and I.

"You really, like this song?" Daryl says, trying to tick me off.

"Yeah! It's different then all the others!" I say resting my head on my hand.

"I haven't heard that song since I was 18." I respond, with a sad tone.

"You don't really have time to listen to music, in the zombie apocalypse." Daryl says focusing on the road.

"I know, I wish this never happened." I say.

"Welcome to the list and lists of people." Daryl says spitting out the window.

I shrugged my shoulders and looked up at the house in the distance and Michonne and Carl are on the roof, constantly killing walkers. I quickly grab Daryl's crossbow and run out of the car and slam the door. I shoot the walkers one by one, very quickly.

I see Daryl in the corner of my eye just watching me kill them.

"I could of had your back." Daryl says mad.

"I can shoot a crossbow, I'm not a wimp. I can take care of myself." I say fierce.

I see tears water in Daryl's eyes. He quickly turns away from me and starts running away.

"What's wrong with Daryl? Is he that sensitive?" I ask waving my arms to Michonne and Carl.

"I don't know, usually he would glare. Go talk to him." Michonne says.

I run in Daryl's direction and follow the footprints in the muddy mess of the woods. I stop my speed and slowy walk to the tree that I hear Daryl weeping behind the tree.

"Hey, Daryl what did I say?" I ask in guilt.

He doesn't answer and wipes his tears from his bloodshot eyes.

"I'm so sorry, I don't know what I said but, I'm really sorry." I say playing with my nails.

"Beth." I hear him say very quietly.

"Beth?" I repeat confused.

"A very close friend of mine, died in the apocalypse and she said the exact same thing." He says sniffling a little.

I look at him. Studying his brokenness. I couldn't imagine what that was like. I look at him and curl my lips. I crash into him with a big hug, burying into his chest.

"I'm so sorry." I whisper clinging to him.

He doesn't speak for a few minutes but, I just kept hugging tighter and running my hand up and down his back. Finally he wraps his arms around my back and holds on to me tight. I close my eyes tightly and enjoy the moments with him.

"We should go back," Daryl says in a calm voice still hugging me.

I nod my head and let go of him, I hold my hand out for him to get up. He ignores my offering. I could tell he was already feeling better. We jog back to the older car and Carl and Michonne are sitting on the hood of the car waiting for us.

"Ready?" Carl says.

"Let's go." Daryl says rattling the car keys.

I wanted to let Michonne sit in the passenger seat, I also wanted to be prepared for what "people" we were meeting.