Chapter 1

Hey guys! Just a quick disclaimer! I am not a perfectional writer. It all kind of a random story I thought of during the summer so enjoy! *I apologize for spelling errors if there is any :)*

Bri's P.O.V.

"Just keep running," I repeat to myself.

The clouds become gray with wind twirling the branches. Leafs crunch beneath my feet.

"Another storm huh," I say.

The wind blows at cold chill sending shivers down my spine. I walk near the abandon RV where I usually stay the night. I needed to be alone. I could beare hearing anymore screams of fresh deaths. In the dark those screams haunt me. Every night I hear walkers tripping themselfs. I stay near the trunk area at night. I hear more crunches in the leafs. I slowly hid behind a thick tree with my crossbow ready to shoot. The more rustling I hear between bushes the more my heart beats. Just to think this could be the end of my life.

I peek around the tree to see my target. I carefully aim towards the noise. I quickly look behind me to make sure nothings behind me. My heart thumps louder and my breathing gets quicker. Until, I hear mumbeld taking of adult voices. They burrow out of the bushes into a hot blooded crew. They looked harmless but, still had fire arm at hand.

"You see that RV over there? Raid it, keep on search for walkers." A man says.

"Yes, Sir!" A teenage boy replied.

Of course there not going to raid my RV. I seen the teenage boy jog towards the vehicle. I inch my way closer to the crew and fully show myself. The group was startled, and was ready to shoot. Holding their guns towards me.

"Who are you?" The man says.

"This is my campsite, welcome fellas. Decide to raid my stuff?" I say pointing my crossbow at the teenage boy.

The boy slowly walks back over to the group frightend. I wasn't gonna shoot.

"We just wanted to see if everything was okay." The man says.

"Yes, I'm sure. What's your name by the way?" I say.

"Daryl, Daryl Dixion. How 'bout you sugar plum?"

" Bri, Bri Anderson. Look this seems crazy but may I join this group?" I ask.

At first they look at each other.

"I need to ask you a few questions to see if your eligible enough to join. We don't trust anyone. So question one: What are your main skills." He says.

"Well, I can shoot walkers with a crossbow not looking, I can go a week with out food and water. I made my own silent snyper. I can get all the food and supplies you need." I say smiling.

Daryl looks at me with the worst look anyone can give you.

"Nice try, but were full." He says spitting and walking away.

I have a look of shame. This is a crew that craves danger. Not to play it safe all the time. I turn around away from the crew and slowly walk away.

"Wait!" The boy says.
Every one turns around including me.

"Give her a chance! And you won't Daryl I will!" The boy says.

"Fine! She can come with us! Didn't mean to ruin your crush." Daryl says.

The boy comes up to me.

" My name is Carl by the way. Tuffer than you think. " he says.

I shake his hand and he leads me to Daryl.

"Welcome to the club, we'll part ways." Daryl says walking towards the RV.

"I was nice to meet you Carl." I say giving him a hug.

"Good luck!" Carl says.

I turn away and jog towards the RV. I open the door and Deryl is already raiding the cupboards.

"Do you mind?" I ask.

"Sorry. You want some?"

"Sure. Wait what is it?" I ask.

"Raw meat,"

"We should go make a campfire." I insist.

He throws a lighter at me. Thinking I will do everything for him.
I shrugged my shoulders and just when with it. I walk start to walk out,

"You'll need this." He said giving his crossbow to me.

"Thanks." I say.

"One more thing. Holler if you need anything." He said.

I start to cut branches with my machete. My hands start to swell. I knew these gloves wouldn't last long. My hands were cut and blistered but, I just carried on. I lit the wood and called Deryl out.
I have never seen a man so hungry.

He came out with the raw cow meat more excited about it then I was. I haven't eaten in three days and I wasn't that eager.

"How long has it been when you had food?" I ask.

"Four days." He said with no emotion.

Maybe he was a walker. Clearly he has scars and gashes like I do. I wonder what he's been through if he's that closed off.

"Why were you hiding behind a tree?" He asks.

"I was going to search for food, then I heard a noise. I thought it was a walker." I respond.

"Whatever, one more thing. Were you going to shoot Carl?"

"No of course not! It was just a threat." I say.

"Good. Let's eat." He says rubbing his hands together

He hands me a piece of steak and a bottle of creek water.

"Thanks. So can I ask you a few questions too?"

"Yeah, Sure."

"Why are you so closed off?" I ask.

"I'm not close to many people and I'm sure as hell not gonna open up to you."

"God sorry,I asked" I say rolling my eyes.

"Sorry. Been through a lot. I don't show any emotion. I makes me think I'm a failure."

"Its okay. Let's get in the RV, before the walkers come out." I say.

"I've got a better idea, lets look at the stars on the roof."

"Okay lets go!" I say.

Daryl cups his hands to hoist me up. I sit on the roof and stiff my foot out. He climbs on the RV roof. I lie down on the roof top.
Daryl does the same.

"Don't get to comfortable kid, " he says.

"That's the plan." I say.

You could tell he's relaxed. I was watching the sky like TV couldn't take my eyes off of it. The moonlight hit just right for the perfect for the sweet smell of fall coming. The breeze was getting stronger and colder.

"We should go inside and get sleep." He says.

"Yeah probably a good idea." I say.

He opens the door for me. I pointed to the spot were we were going to be sleeping. The trunk was the part where the walkers couldn't get to us.

I we were going to sleep together. Not sex talk just sleep. How weird! Even though I just met him. It seems like we had known each other forever.

"Goodnight!" He says.

"Night!" I say half asleep.