help

I was crying. My breathing was uneven and tears flowed freely down my face. I hiccuped every few moments.

We're getting closer!

A loud screech followed by a deafening sound of shattering glass.

And then nothing but pain.

I didn't ask to remember it so vividly and so often.

I was screaming, clawing at my face. Why can't I just stop remembering? Remembering the way it felt to be told your parents and brother didn't make it. Remembering the pain of not being able to hear yourself talk. The pain of not hearing anyone talk.

Vikk rushed through the door and ran towards me. His mouth was moving, but no words made it through my ears. I didn't know what he was saying. And that made it so much worse.

I was shaking. Tears blinding me. Vikk looked so panicked I almost felt bad. Until another wave of anger and sadness came crashing through my body like the waves in a violent storm.

He held my arms down and picked me up. I thrashed around, wanting to just stay and scream until I couldn't. He held me closer, still speaking even though I couldn't hear a word he said. I gave in, falling limp in his arms. He brought me to the bathroom and kissed my forehead before turning on the water.

I was trembling. My mind was filled with horror. He kept kissing my tear stained face. He stripped me of my clothes and lead me into the bath, washing me down with heated water. The tears didn't stop. They traveled down my face and fell into the water. I didn't want this. Vikk was trying so hard and I was being so bad.

I wish I could help it, but I can't.