Destiny Chose Her.

"I've got you this time!" Officer Trudge swore on his Duel runner racing behind me.

The speed of my twin tired runner made the tail of my french braided black hair flap wildly in the wind. The tunnel we were dueling in was dimly lit with lights hanging against the walls, some not even illuminating by how destroyed they were. This was the Satellite after all.

The ground zoomed under me as I flew over it. The feeling was exhilarating. I whipped my head around to look at my pursuer through the dark lens of my helmet and laughed loudly like a giddy kid. "How many times have you said that now, Trudge?" I teased humorously. He currently had 500 life points while I had 100. His Handcuffs Dragon was on the field while I had one card face down.

"You wont be laughing for long! I activate the card 'Creature Swap'! And by sacrificing 3 of my speed counters, I can trade out one of your monsters for mine. And I chose that face down monster that you're so keen on protecting." He smiled victoriously at his move. Unfortunately for him, it only succeeded in making me laugh further.

My hand reached up to my duel disk strapped in my runner and set my plan into place. "Very well, Officer. By doing so, you have forcefully flipped my card and activated its effect." My face down flipped over revealing my Toxin Dragon. "When this card is flipped, my opponent takes 500 points of damage!" My card flipped and revealed my dragon who virtually emerged to life. He roared aggressively and leaped at Trudge where he took his damage which forced his duel runner to shut down and screech to a halt.

"Maybe next time!" I patronized as I revved my runner and sped off.

++++++++

I made it home where I jumped off my runner and took off my helmet. I sighed in relief as the cool night air hit my face again. I set my protective gear on the seat and pushed my runner up to my garage where I set it up stable in the middle of the room with tools spread all over the ground. I made sure to shut the door behind me and watch my moves carefully as the light from the moon through the windows was my only light since I couldn't risk Security finding me here.

Checking over the specks, I felt another figure behind me in the shadows. Its aura was benevolent so I pretended not to notice it and continued my work. "You know, instead of trying to scare a girl, you could have just asked her if you could come in." I joked playfully as I grabbed a rag and scrubbed the paint work on my runner.

"How do you know I'm not here to take your stuff? Thats definitely a fancy looking Runner you got there." He countered darkly but I could still tell it was a kind voice that sounded close to my age. I wiped my hands with the towel as I turned on my heel to meet the figure. He was taller than me by a good foot, dressed in a long sleeve blue jacket that was open to reveal a black tanktop with a red symbol underneath. A pair of black jeans covered the lower half of his body. Matching boots and gloves covered his limbs protectively. His hair was a black color with yellow highlights. The main black seemed to glow a midnight blue in the reflection of moonlight.

"I'm sure you would've done it by now." I grinned at him. Its been a while since I've had a decent conversation with someone who wasn't chasing after me or trying to take me down for my stuff as it was practically a piece of gold in a ship graveyard.

He huffed in an honest laugh then held out his hand towards me. "The names Yusei Fudo." He introduced.

I threw my towel off to a nearby table and grasped Yusei's hand, shaking it firmly. "Skylar Armina." I replied. "Here, come up with me and you can tell me why you're here." I gestured to the stairs leading to the main house. He nodded and followed behind me as we made our way up.

When he got inside I shut the door behind him and quickly made my run around the room to close all the curtains so I could turn on the lights. I showed him to the couch where he obliged to sit down while I got him a drink of water.