Chapter 8 - Fire Of My Loins

The sun was painted across the sky that day as Adriana and Emily were both experiencing hardship. The skyline was like a kiss upon the lips.

Adriana threw on a black dress, which resembled a cold, bleak night, and applied a deep purple lipstick shakily as the alcohol invaded her insides. Her loins were on fire with the sorrow of her heart. She was meeting Emily, Naomi and Jemima at 7:00pm before embarking on the journey to Evan's party.

*

A sudden chill pierced Emily as she left the house with many warnings from her mother to avoid trouble. Something was different in the air tonight. She felt the wind in her hair and was completely oblivious to it's importance, for this was the wind of change.

After a 7 minute walk she met Naomi and Jemima at the corner of the street - a crossroad which spewed into several directions.

Naomi stood there; tall and gracious with silver hair which cut short before reaching her shoulders. Her dim hazel eyes were a labyrinth that was both enticing yet impossible to escape. Alongside her stood Jemima whose face was etched with wonder. Her sandy brown hair contained a pink ribbon which added to her elegant demeanour. Her eyes gleamed a glittery green and her stare was one of great power.

Before the girls could even exchange greetings Adriana appeared beside them, her mysterious beauty seemed interwoven within the beautiful sunset. Her eyes hid hardship whilst the girls told each other the latest gossip on the journey to Evans' house.

Although Adriana was slowly sinking in a sea of misery, she put on a firm exterior of which could fool anyone. Keeping quiet she walked along the pavement. Every step was a need, a need for love, a need for someone, a need for Jamie. Although the girls were buzzing around her, excited for the night ahead Adriana's feelings were drifting with the alcohol in her system. But silent she was and silent she stayed.

Silence is a plague that haunts every human being and poisons us all with terror. Without words you can not share no memory, no feeling or no fear. Nothing but emptiness builds high walls around you, overcoming all chances of freedom. Silence is a killer but to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.

Before another 7 minutes had passed the girls had reached the doorway of Evans' house. Music blared through the door and elation swam through the atmosphere.

"Are you ready" Naomi whispered with exhilaration. Her voice shrouded with grace.

"As ready as I'll ever be" Emily replied.

"Let's go" Jemima added.

Adriana maintained her silence.

Naomi opened the door to a tornado of colour which immediately hit them as people swarmed hectically in every direction taking up various activities. Drinking, kissing, dancing and even passing out.

Adriana gasped in terror at the first thing she saw. Fate hit her hard in the face once again as she felt physically sick seeing something deadly in the corner of her eye. She felt as if someone had just thrown petrol over her heart and lit it with a single match. Jamie was kissing another girl. Adriana could feel her mind, heart, soul and body slowly disintegrating as her emotions choked her. She couldn't breathe. The fire in her loins was catching her other organs leaving them ashy and burnt. Adriana's life had just caught flame and was about to spread. Adriana however did not yet know that this was only the beginning, that this fire would never be extinguished and would set her entire life alight, until death did her part.