3 - Late - Blossom/Dan

-5 months later--10th December-

I sit down on the sofa and bite my nails.
"He'll come soon, love." Dan reassures. Reece is a week over due; I'm worrying because no one in my family was ever born late.
"But this has never happened before in my family." I sigh, leaning into Dan.
"Adrian was late, maybe it's from my side?" He suggests. Tessa leaps up onto my lap and lays down. I stroke her head and back.
"Maybe. We are going to the hospital this time."
"Okay." Dan kisses my forehead. Ellie starts to cry from her bedroom. "I'll get her."

I feed Ellie her lunch and try not to think about Reece.
"Where brother?" Ellie asks.
"He'll be here soon, Hun." I smile before giving her another mouthful. We decorated Reece's room a few months ago. It's white and baby blue with a dark blue fluffy carpet. We are using some of Ellie's old stuff she doesn't need anymore. Since Dan took a break from YouTube everything's gone back to normal. He's the loving Dan that I married again. He said he'll start up again when Reece is two months old, which I said okay to. I'm still doing YouTube but less that I used to. Dan is in some of my videos, just so his fans don't kill him.

"I feel like Reece is never going to come." I groan, pacing our bedroom. Dan sits on the bed and watches me.
" My He will eventually. Your body is making everything perfect. Well, if he has my genes then your body is gonna have to work fifty time harder." Dan tries to lighten the mood. It's 11:45 now. I laugh a bit before sitting next to him.
"Hurry up." I say to my bump.
"Let's sleep." Dan commands, knowing if he doesn't force me I probably won't.
"Okay." I walk to my side of the bed. I lay down and feel Dan wrap his arms around my waist.
"I love you." Dan mutters.
"I love you too." I reply, placing the hands over his.

I wake as a wave of pain hits me. I open my eyes, but dismiss it. Dan still has his arms around me. I try to get to sleep again. Another pain. I frown and sit up carefully. I start to bite my nails. After 5 minutes I lay down again cautiously, just to have another pain. I sit up quickly and shake Dan.
"What's wrong, Blossom?" He asks groggily.
"R-Reece..." I stutter. Dan sits up. He kneels beside me and takes my hand.
"Are you sure?" Unable to answer because of shock, I just nod. "Alright, um, what do I do?" Dan panics.
"Call the hospital and ask them what to do." I whisper. Another pain hits me. I grunt at the pain as it's not to bad. I pick up my phone and call Issy. "Pick up, pick up..." I mutter.
"Blossom, why this early?" I hear Issy whisper. I glance at the clock; 3:14.
"Reece." I answer quietly.
"Oh shit. Where's Dan?" She asks.
"Calling the hospital." I suck my breath in as the contractions get worse.
"Okay, I'll be over in a bit." Issy promises. "Joe, Blossom's in labor, I'm going over to her's." I hear her say. Joe mutters a response. "Breathe Bloss." I take deep breaths as another contraction sweeps over me.
"Child birth is a bitch." I grunt.
"Yup." Issy agrees. I hear her pick up her keys and open her door. "Arg, Morgan is crying. Joe!" She shouts. They call Morgan-Jo just Morgan now. She's four now.
"Yeah, I got it." Joe says.
"Call Meg and Phil, I'll be at yours in about five minutes."
"Okay, see you." I hang up as Dan walks up to me. "Issy's coming over here."
"Okay, the hospital said wait until the contractions are 2 minutes apart before going over there. Have you called Megan?" Dan asks.
"Just about to." I nod. My contractions are about five minutes apart at the moment. I look back at my phone and call Megan. "Pick up..." I groan. It's goes through to answer phone. "For God's sake." I dial again but to no avail. Instead I dial Phil.
"Um, hey." I hear Phil's deep voice.
"Oh, thank God. Reece is coming." I tell him.
"Crap, lucky Tay cried when she did. Megan, wake up!" Phil shouts. I laugh a bit. "One sec." I hear Phil put his phone down. There's creaking and puffs of breath before a bang.
"What the fuck, Phil?" Megan asks angrily.
"Hey, Megan." I laugh.
"Hey, what's wrong?" Megan picks up Phil phone as Phil dies of laughter.
"Baby's coming." I answer simple.
"You could have called me!"
"I did." I shake my head.
"I didn't hear anything."
"You sleep like a rock. Anyway, get your butt to my house." I chuckle.
"Fine. Is Issy gonna be there?"
"Yup." I grit my teeth as pain stabs me again. Dan packs an overnight bag for me and Reece.
"Okay, be there in a min."
"Bye."
"See ya." I hang up. Dan throws on a t-shirt before turning on the light.
"Chuck me a top?" I ask. Dan picks my favourite black and white top and a pair of legging. "Thanks." I get dressed quickly. Soon the doorbell rings. Dan runs off to answer the door while I go to Ellie. "Ellie, wake up, beautiful. Your baby brothers coming." I ignore the contraction that stabs me. Ellie opens her eyes and reaches up at me. "Good girl." I stroke her hair before lifting her out of the cot. I walk out of her bedroom just in time to see Megan race up the stair.
"I'll take her, you go downstairs and relax." Megan instructs. She takes Ellie from my arms and herds me downstairs. I flash a smile at the sleepy Phil before being pushed into the lounge. I sit down just as another painful contraction hits me.

"Issy's here!" Dan calls.
"Hey, sorry I'm late, traffic." She apologises.
"Isabelle, you are lucky you didn't turn up a minute later." I wince as the most painful one yet rolls over me.
"Sorry." She repeats. "I'll take Ellie, I have Morgan's car seat in my car." I nod and stroke Ellie's soft cheek.
"Let's go." I puff. Dan makes sure Tessa is sleeping before picking me up bridal style. "I can walk." I huff.
"Yes, but if you have a contraction you might fall." Dan says softly. Phil rocks the sleeping Taylor in his arms.
"Fine." He carries me to the car. Megan opens the door for me and Dan puts me down on the backseats. I lay down over the three seats. Dan gives me his jumper.
"For a pillow." He explains. I put it behind my head and try to relax. Dan pulls out of the drive and heads towards the hospital. He puts his hand out behind him for me to hold. I clutch it and groan while the pain flares.

"You okay?" Dan asks worriedly as I groan.
"They really hurt." I complain as sweat appears on my brow. Dan parks in a space and dashes out of the car and around to me. I sit up to make it easier for him to pick me up. I wrap my arms around his next and sob. When we get through the doors, the receptionist calls a doctor. I contract my body as an immense pain surrounds me. Dan whispers in my ear and tries to calm me down. He lowers me into a wheel chair the doctors gave to me. I catch a glimpse of Megan looking worried before I'm whisked away to a room.

-2 hours later--Dan's POV-

I wait outside as the doctors told me to. Blossom collapsed and stopped breathing. I slide down the wall and hang my head in between my knees.
"Dan? What's happening?" Phil asks.
"I-I don't know. Blossom collapsed and stopped breathing so the doctors told me to wait outside." I sob. Phil helps me up and hugs me.
"She's be fine, and so will your baby. Blossom's very strong, she'll recover." He reassured me. I hear a baby cry from inside the room. I let go of Phil and look inside the room. A doctor comes out of the room.
"You can see your baby, but not your wife." He says.
"Can Phil come in?" I ask.
"Just the dad." I nod and step into the room. The curtain is drawn around Bo, but I could just about see her. She has an oxygen mask on her face, her eyes closed. I follow the doctor to the other side of the room. In a small bed I see a baby. A nurse heads me a towel. I carefully pick up the tiny baby and cover it in the towel. I sit down on a chair and gently rub the towel over him. I take a baby-gro out of my bag. I stand up again and place him on the mat on the table. I unwrap him from the towel and wipe the areas I missed. Then I carefully dress him in the onesie.
"Hello, Reece." I smile as he opens his eyes. I cradle him in my arms.
"Sir, we need to move you and your baby somewhere else. Follow me please." The same doctor asks. I wrap Reece in a blanket that was on the side and pick up my bag before following him. When we go outside of the room Phil walks next to me.
"How's Blossom?"
"I don't know, they wouldn't let me see her. They just let me dress Reece." I say. Phil looks at Reece.
"He looks like you." Phil remarks. I look down at little Reece.
"He does a bit." I smile. The doctor leads us into a room where three other families are.
"Are there anyone in the waiting room that you'd like to see?"
"Yeah, just say Dan Howell and they'll respond." I nod. I sit down on the bed and cross my legs. Phil sits in the chair next to the bed.
"Excuse me, you're Dan Howell?" A voice asks. I look up and see a girl, probably around 18.
"Yeah, why?" I ask, confused.
"My little sister is obsessed with you and Phil." The girl smiles. "Who's baby is that?"
"Mine and my wife's. His name is Reece." I smile, looking down at the baby in my arms.
"Aww, that's adorable. My sister, Lily, wanted to know why you stopped making YouTube videos."
"To be a better dad I guess, I have a daughter in the waiting room who's two."
"Okay, I'll tell her, thanks and congrats on the baby." She smiles before walking away.