A Parent's Undying Love

Start from the beginning

"Davina," I ask her. When she whimpers again, I throw my hands up, encasing her head between my hands and I focus on her magic. Then the ground starts to shake. Klaus walks out onto the balcony as Marcel holds onto the bed while I try to focus on Davina. "Davina," I scream over the mayhem, "you need to control your magic. Focus on control." Just when I find the problem in her brain, a blast of energy emits out of Davina, sending me flying back. The blast triggers something in my brain, causing me to grimace in pain. Seconds later, the ground stops shaking and both Marcel and Klaus appear at my side. I feel something warm on my upper lip and when I touch my fingers to it, I find that it's blood.

"Are you all right," Klaus asks me.

"I'm fine," I snap at him as I pull myself up off the ground, wiping the blood off. I place one of my hands on my stomach, just to check to make sure the baby is ok. Not sensing anything wrong, I walk towards Davina. She's lying on her back, breathing heavily. "Are you ok," I ask her, smoothing her hair down and away from her face.

She nods, "Are you?" I nod my head and she takes an unsteady breath. "I'm sorry I did that to you," she says, close to tears, "I don't know what's wrong with me."

"Sh," I comfort her, "we'll figure it out, don't worry. You're gonna be ok."

"Both of you come with me," Klaus commands Marcel and me as he leaves the room. Marcel leaves reluctantly, but I stay behind.

"Get some rest," I tell Davina as I kiss her forehead, "we'll figure everything out." She nods her head and I leave her room to follow Marcel and Klaus. I stop in the hallway when I start to feel dizzy. Leaning against the wall, I try to control my breathing. The sensation is weird. It's almost as if my magic is pulsating inside me. When the dizziness passes, I continue on. I find them in the living room with Elijah.

"This is madness," Klaus says, looking up at me as I walk in, "how can a 16-year-old girl shake the entire French Quarter?" Books litter the floor by the bookshelves while lamps are on the ground.

"I've seen her rock the church, but I've never seen anything like this," Marcel says.

"How did you control her when she was in the attic," Klaus asks him.

"I didn't have to," Marcel snaps, "but then I never killed her boyfriend."

"Yes, yes, we've been over this part already," Klaus rants, getting agitated, "the point is in her present state, she's useless as a tool against the witches."

"She's not a tool," I hiss, "She's a girl. There's something wrong with her. When I tried to pick through her brain to find what was wrong, it lashed out at me."

"She has too much power that she cannot control, that much we already knew," Elijah thinks out loud, "but why is it manifesting itself in such an aggressive manner?" Elijah starts to walk towards the door, looking like a man on a mission.

"Where are you going," Klaus asks him.

"This is witch business," Elijah answers, "let's ask a witch." He flies out the door, leaving me with Klaus and Marcel.

"You can't do anything to stop this," Klaus asks me.

I shake my head, "whatever is causing this is a part of her. She needs help from the witches."

"You realize that these are the witches who tried to kill her," Marcel asks and I nod my head.

"I'm fully aware of whom these witches are, but if Davina wants to recover from this, she'll need their help," I answer him, "there's only so much I can do." Suddenly, my legs wobble beneath me and I grab hold of the chair in front of me to keep me steady.