X. Of Kors I Did It

Start from the beginning

Now that the formalities were out of the way, I selected Derek's message box:

Your boys did a great job with the picture. Thank you :)

Let's meet up and celebrate?

Derek: Don't mention it, Bon Bon, always glad to help! ;)

Did you read the article? I personally authenticated it.

No, but I'm sure you've done a great job.

Derek: Of course I did, we even asked the hotel receptionist to testify.

Derek: Her name is Shelby something...she saw a woman leaving with Daniel Shaw

Oh...yeah.

Derek: I'm sorry your boyfriend turned out to be a whore.

His bluntness was touching. Sometimes people like him were exactly what I needed to detox my mind of the betrayals and drama. Another message pinged the phone:

Dan: No one knew I was flying to Spain except u. What do I think of this?

I wanted to throw my head back and burst in an evil laugh, I think I even did.

Wait, you mean no one except me AND every Victoria's Secret angel out there?

(Read 9:45 am)

You really thought you could keep me in the dark smh. How long has this been going on?

Dan: I don't know what you're talking about.

Dan: I always doubted ur friendship with that tabloid guy, you never befriend someone without personal benefit.

I did befriend someone without a reason. You.

And look how that turned out
(Read 9:47 am)

Maybe the mastermind behind today's headlines wasn't exactly a random nosy journalist. Maybe I had asked someone to catch Daniel Shaw live in action but here's the key word: maybe.

I might've been head over heels with his glorious appearance but I wasn't a sorry doormat anyone could walk all over. A cheap box of tissues that selflessly let people pluck parts of her and discard after use. Even I knew cheating partners deserved to be either forgiven or taught a lesson; I chose the latter because I didn't know how to exonerate such blatant transgression of my trust.

I was just about to dive into work when my phone rang. Too busy with searching through my bag for a lip balm, I picked it up. "Yes?"

"So now you've deleted my number."

I did not hide the tired sigh that escaped my lips. It helped in calming my screaming mind. "We're done, Daniel. Get a life and move on."

"I get a life?" He repeated, his voice octaves higher than a Valley girl's. "You get a life! I know what you've been doing behind my back, Monica."

"At least someone is aware of what's happening while the other is away."

"You think I don't know what's going on between Bernard Moseby's son and you?" he asked, "Of course you'd settle for someone like him, I should've known."

Someone like him? As far as my judgment went, Edward Moseby stood a few levels higher than Daniel when it came to morality.

"He doesn't even know what shoes to wear to a dance," he spat, "I knew I was above your standards, but I didn't think they'd be so low."