Chapter 1

" There's just something about performing. It's so surreal, being up there in front of thousands of people. You're what they're looking at, you are what they are looking up to. They came to see you put on a show and the rush you get from that...there's nothing like it. As a musician , as a performer, as a human being I have to say that it's better than any drug on the market. It's a religious experience." The young woman said as she sat up a bit, leaning gently on the arm of the leather chair with a wide grin across her cherry colored lips. She was a gorgeous young woman with bright blue eyes, long hazel brown hair with the bottom third of her hair dip dyed a deep purple. The girl was sat down across from a woman in her mid forties in a pencil skirt where as the younger girl was clad in a leather jacket, a nose ring, a pair of fit jeans and heeled black boots. The older woman gave a warm smile, her lips curling a bit as she looked into the camera and said, " Violet Blake, everyone...or as she is better known by her performance name Shay. She's taking the music industry by storm, her new solo album, " Connection X " is hitting stores now . Thank you so much for coming by." The older woman said as the two briefly hugged and The Violet haired girl walked off and the older woman sat back down to continue filming.

Alex twirled around as he heard the familiar sounds of heels clicking against the studio floors behind him. A grin spread across his lips, " Greatest interview I've seen yet." He mused as they both walked towards the exit. Shay smiled, gently nudging the much taller blue haired boy at her side, " Maybe I'll have to give you a few pointers." He laughed and held open the door for her. As soon as they stepped out of the studio and onto the streets, they were immediately surrounded by flashing cameras. Alex and Shay both stepped out putting on their sunglasses, and he slipped an arm over her shoulders as they casually walked down the street paying little mind to the flashing cameras aimed at the duo. Alex flagged down a passing cab and they both ducked inside escaping the crowd as they drive further into the busy city.

A tall lanky man with ruffled up white-streaked black hair slipped out of the coffee shop around the corner, his drink in hand. Luckily he seemed to avoid tracking any paparazzi with him. As he turned the corner heading back to the hotel, a girl had popped out a little ways in front of him. Her pastel pink hair drawn up into a messy bun and a camera in her hands. The pink haired girl in her faded, cuffed jeans and sneakers knelt down, angling her camera up at the tall skunk-haired man as she snapped a few photos. He sighed a bit and sipped his drink counting down the sidewalk. When he drew close enough he reached out a hand and pulled her up to a standing position. " Stell, I swear to god. I thought you were paparazzi, you've got to stop sneaking up on me like that."

The girl laughed and began walking at his side, " Aw, but Jackie..that's no fun." She pouted playfully.

" Shit...back door?" Jack muttered as they looked down the street at the hotel they were staying at. There was a huge crowd of people waiting outside the building. Jack and Stella headed around the corner, down an alley or two so they could go in through the hotel's back entrance.

"Oh but the adore fans are waiting for you." , Stella teased.

Jack shrugged as he walked up the stairwell, "Well this time I don't think they're waiting for me. Alex probably tweeted our hotel address out again."

As they finally made their way to the top floor and into the suite, Jack headed to the fridge and Stella went to peak out of the window. The pink haired girl smirked, " The royal couple has arrived." , she said jokingly. Jack walked over to look for himself.

Down below on the street side just in front of the hotels entrance there was a large crowd of fans gathered below, waiting patiently. They'd all been standing there rather patiently as of waiting. There was a tense moment when they all turned towards the Taxi that had just pulled up, the crowd exchanged uncertain glances for a moment but as soon as the car door opened they erupted into squeals, moving around excitedly. The blue haired man smiled and gave small waves and nods to the fans gathering around them, he extended his hand out to the violet haired girl, helping her out of the cab. They both smiled and took a moment to greet the crowd. Here and there things were pushed towards them and they signed various items before Alex gently took her hand in his and guided them through the crowd and into the safety of the hotel.

Alex reached into his pocket, pulling out the keycard and unlocking the door to the hotel suite. He pushed open the door letting Shay walk on first, following close behind. " Crazy crowd outside." , he remarked and she nodded in agreement.

Stella sat down on the couch with a sigh stating, " The Royal Couple of Pop Punk has arrived, someone alert the press." , she teased.

Alex laughed and shook his head. Shay laughed, " We're not a couple."

Jack sipped his water and added in, " According to Kerang, and I quote, " Frontman Alex Gaskarth of All Time Low has recently been working closely with rising star, multitalented musician Shay. Gaskarth has done several features on the female rockstar's new album and as they continue working together, sparks are starting to fly. Find out more about the new it couple on page 43." Jack said, reading aloud from the magazine he had picked up off the counter.

"It couple? What is this Gossip Girl?", Shay laughed.

Stella smirked, " You two have friend zoned each other so hard, it's painful really."

Jack laughed.

Rolling his eyes Alex said, " Well. I don't know about that...have you guys packed yet? Our flight back home is in six hours."

Jack shrugged, " Six hours, as in six hours left to pack."

Stella jumped up off the couch and walked up to the window, dramatically throwing open the curtains as she exclaimed, " New York, I'll miss you!"