Chapter 2: Kiss

I turned the steering wheel, swerving across two lanes. The silence in my car was really bothering me. I guess silence wasn't something I dealt with often. I cleared my throat,

" So, where did you guys transfer from?" I asked, deciding to try starting a conversation with a general question.

" We came from a small country in Europe." She said cryptically. Her tone called for no discussion on the subject. She hadn't warmed up in the ten minutes I'd been driving. Fallon wasn't much help either since he'd remained silent, his gaze turned outward toward the street.

" Well, oh oh! My song is on!!" I reached forward and turned the volume to near maximum. This, of course, wasn't me acting. I always did this when a song I knew came on. I'd also like to announce that I sang at pitch perfect as well.

" I met a girl at seventeen,

And she meant the world to me.

So I gave her everything

But she turned out to be a cheat!" I sung out, perfectly in tune with Sleeping with Sirens lead singer. I breathed in before heading into the next verse.

" Said she'd been thinking for a long time,

And she'd found somebody new.."

I sung out to the entire song, flowing with every rift and high note while even courting the screaming parts. I rocked out to that song.

And as it leveled out toward the final verses, I noticed that the car was completely silent. Fallon hadn't turned from his former position, but both Kristin and Garrett were staring at me.

" What?" I blushed, unfortunately.

" Nothing, nothing." Garrett said, but the smirk on his lips contradicted that denial. I didn't call him on it since I figured it would call more attention to my singing.

Now that I wasn't singing loudly, I noticed Garrett was having a murmured conversation with Kristin, and she seemed to have stopped her monosyllabic speech, opting for the more accepting form of communication.

So I decided to talk to Fallon, not like I had any other option on that front, in any case.

" So, Fallon... is that what your parents named you or is it a nickname?"

" It's a nickname. For Falenius."

"Wow, sounds pretty complex, how did your parents come up with that?"

" I don't know." Well, this conversation wasn't progressing as I'd hoped it would. This was just so weird. I've never met anyone with whom I couldn't easily spark a conversation with. He was like talking to a wall. It made no difference how much I pushed, it didn't give a centimeter.

I just stopped speaking, I wasn't one to push someone when they didn't want to do something. I tuned into the radio, listening to the different songs playing. It was quiet afterward. The murmur of their conversation lulling me into a spacial daze.

" Where are we going?" I jerked, surprised he was even saying anything to me, much less such an open ended question like that.

" Oh, we're going to the best place in Haven," I flashed him a smile" it's called the Pigsty."

" The Pigsty?" he said, his question reasonable considering the name.

" Yeah. Now, don't be fooled, it's actually a pretty cool place." I laughed, grinning at the irony." It's a restaurant directed towards the younger crowds so the place is real modern. Also, they have an arcade and a buffet with everything you could ask for. I should know, since me and Garrett have been going since the seventh grade." Now that I mentioned it...