Dad Levi x Mum Reader - The Call (Modern AU)

OK so I had a whole paragraph written to explain why I wrote this part but I kept putting this off for ages so I'm gonna make it as short as I can:

I wrote a similar story for my English coursework last year (I used Levi as a character but the roles were switched). I was going to delete this part cause it was terrible compared to what I imagined it to be but I thought as may as well publish it. And finally, this isn't so much 'Levi x reader' more like 'Levi x reader with child and sadness and angst and what am I doing with my life'. Also, I apologise to Levi x Eren shippers.

So with that: have fun.

*****

You and Levi had been married for about four years, it wasn't until about two years ago that you both decided to have a child. You were reluctant to bring a child into this world because both Levi and you were part of a military organisation called the Scout Regiment. Your main objectives were to deal with attacks from a terrorist group called The Titans. The biggest worry the two of you had was one of you losing your lives during a mission and leaving your child with a single parent. It wasn't exactly an easy process having the child but once your son, Eren, entered this world there was nothing you wouldn't do for him. The both of you wanted him to be safe and live a fulfilling life.

Your boss, Erwin Smith, was a close friend of you and Levi so allowed you to raise your son for two years before giving either of you a mission. He understood the risks of your job and wanted you to have as much time with your family as possible. However, your two years were coming to an end and Titan attacks were becoming more frequent. You dreaded the thought but you knew one of you would be asked to come forward at some point.

*****

You slowly placed down he telephone, hanging up on whoever was on the line. You stood in that same spot and stared at the wall as you processed what you were told over the phone. The sound of heavy footsteps coming towards you drew your attention to your husband; he could see that something was bothering you, "Hey what's wrong? Who was on the phone?" he took hold of one of your hands to reassure you.

Keeping quiet for a moment, you turned to look Levi in the eyes, "It was Erwin..."

Levi's eyes widened ever so slightly and you could see that he was tense. "What did he say?"