Good Morning Jackie

I would like to arrange a meeting with you in my office this Wednesday please. I have something I would like to discuss with you. I have a free appointment time at 9.30am.

Please reply to this email to confirm that you are able to make the appointment.

Regards

Philip Tyrell

CEO

Tyrell Developments Limited.

Jackie sat frozen in her chair. What would Philip Tyrell possibly want to discuss with her? Had Dom told him that we were seeing each other again? Jackie knew that Luke was going to be in the branch on Wednesday and she would have to clear it with him. She picked up the phone to call Luke.

"Jackie, How's it all going?" Luke picked up the call quickly.

"Hi Luke, Everything's fine here, How's it going over there?" Jackie wanted to start with some small talk first.

"Everythings great. The staff are starting to open up a little more which helps. This whole situation has really shaken them. They trusted him so much that they didn't believe what had happened at first."

Luke had confirmed to Jackie what she thought might have happened to the previous manager. It turned out that he had been skimming money out of the safe, and had made it look like other staff had been making major accounting errors, shifting the blame from himself.

"That's good to hear. I knew you would be able to get them to like you. You just have that type of personality. I guess that's why Harry chose you to step in."

"Thanks Jackie. It certainly does make the job easier. Anyway What's up?"

"I just rang to let you know that Philip Tyrell has asked me to visit him in his office on Wednesday at 9.30am. I'm guessing you know about it?" Jackie was uneasy about the direct request to herself and wanted to know if Luke knew anything.

"Really?" Luke sounded shocked. "He never mentioned anything to me. I just spoke with him yesterday."

"So – I should go then?"

"Definitely. I didn't want to say anything just yet but you maybe taking over that branch on a more permanent basis soon, So he would become your biggest customer. You need to be making every effort to keep him happy. I'll be there on Wednesday anyway."

"Okay. I'll let him know that I can make it then. You wouldn't have any idea what he may want?" Jackie was only thinking about the impending meeting with Dom's father and didn't register the comment that Luke had just made.

"Nope. Sorry. He can be a mystery sometimes. But I guess he hasn't got to where he is today by blabbing his every thought to all and sundry."

"You're probably right there. He's requested a meeting at 9.30am so I'll go straight there from home if that's alright."

"Fine by me. You'll do great Jackie. Just be yourself. From the interactions you had with him at the awards dinner I could tell he liked you."

That was before he found out I was sleeping with his son, Jackie reminded herself. "Thanks Luke."

"Aren't you going to ask?"

"Ask what?"

"About the possibility of you taking over the manager role permanently."

"Eh?" Then the penny dropped along with Jackie's bottom jaw. "You mean you've been offered the job!" Jackie was thrilled for Luke.

"Yip. I was going to call you soon and let you know but you beat me to the punch."