The meeting

This is a story that always repeats itself for eternity. A story that's full of love and tragedy, for the most part.  This story thats being told starts at a high school in the middle of a cold, windy September morning...

A boy named Devon Black was in class telling spine tingling stories to many people among the room. He was at this moment, wearing a navy button up shirt and black chino pants. Underneath his shirt was a tattoo of black wings that laced his entire back. Now going back, Devon was now getting to the climax of the tale, when in walks his teacher, causing everyone to scatter to their seats. The teacher who was a tall middle aged woman, had all her brown hair in a back bun. Her outfit was a dress that was long and easy to move in. This woman was called, Mrs. Smith in her class. Her expression as she came in was quite, for the first time in a while, eccentric or rather happy.

"OK! Since everyone is back to their seats let's start our day with some exciting news. Today we have a new student," Mrs. Smith spoke in a booming manor of glee. "Her name is Lilly White. Lilly, come on in."

As the women's voice died down to a finished, a beautiful girl with blond hair and bright blue eyes walked in. The girl's expression was a soft and gentle smile that lite the room. What clothed her was a pair of white jeans and a white ruffled top. Devon who was eyeing the girl, noticed a necklace with a tiny charm of a white pair of wings hanging off the girl's neck. The charm that reflected the light gave an eerie presence as the girl stood there.

Mrs. Smith then asked with excitement,  "why don't you tell us a little about yourself?"

"Okay sure. Hi everyone, I'm Lilly White and I'm happy to meet all of you. Please take care of me. Um and I love stories," Lilly said with a glittering smile.

She's cute. Devon thought finishing his observation. He then gave a devilish smirked.

"Well thank you, Lilly. Now take a seat next to..." Mrs. Smith paused looking around the room to only find one empty seat, which was next to the schools trouble maker. She sighed seeing that it was impossible to even switch seats around, since the year just started. She finally gave up and said, "Devon. This means that Devon is going to show you around. Got that Devon?" Mrs. Smith said with a serious and hard look at Devon.

Why does she always look at me like that? Devon thought, very annoyed.

"Fine I'll show the new girl 'round," Devon said plainly.

"Good. Now Lilly, if you have any issues come up tell me," Mrs. Smith said eyeing Devon while rushing Lily to her seat. She then look to the class and ordered, "now class turn to page 72 in your math book."

Later when the school day was over and sun started setting, Devon had been showing Lilly around the campus, pointing at certain things and explaining as they walked.

"So this is the cafeteria and over there is the sports field. Down the hall is the girls bathroom on the right," Devon explained point to each area.

"Umm... thank you for showing me a... Wait why do you know where the girls bathroom is?" Lily spoke eyeing the boy suspiciously.

"Well I pass this hall thousands of times. So stop thinking I'm some type of pervert," Devon spoke without giving a second thought.

"Okay then, think I know my way around here. Thank you again, now I must be going," Lilly said running off down the hall. As she ran, Devon saw that the steps she took seemed to be levitating off the ground.

"What was that about?" Devon said to himself. He started to turn around to only lose footing on an object and fall. Devon now on the floor looked around the floor. He found that caused his fall was was a plain white notebook. Devon then got up and picked up the notebook. He then thought to himself, this must be Lilly's. Now without a care in the world started walking towards a trash can. Before tossing the book in he stopped. He had this sudden urge to do good. So he thought to himself, I guess I can give it back to her. Devon then took off going after the girl.

When the sun was gone from the sky, Devon found Lily in a near by park, that was two blocks from the school. He started to walk closer and said, "hey you dropped.." He then stopped mid sentence for he couldn't believe what he saw that night. A pair of pure white wings burst from girl's back. He quickly hid behind a near tree and bend low to try not to be seen. When he looked back up he saw the wings stretched and begin to flap sending Lily to fly a few feet from the ground. Lilly then spun in the air only to catch a quick glimpse of Devon. Shocked she turned around completely and fast to lock eyes with him.

Afraid of what to happen, Devon took off running with only one thought racing through his mind,
She can't be she can't be.
He made a stop in an ally and started chanting words unheard of in the human language. He then too had wings burst out of his back, but his was pitch black. Devon then flew off toward home, not realizing what he had left behind.

 Devon then flew off toward home, not realizing what he had left behind