Break Time

*** PG-13. Nothing much.

Asher: Please be home. Can you meet me at the rock?

Dan the Man: Sorry I'm not :( eta 2 hours. So sorry. You okay?

Asher: No but I can hide until in my room until then. He completely flipped and left.

Dan the Man: NO!

Asher: Well he didn't flip, but he was mad. He hates me.

Dan the Ma: Impossible. He'll come around. My folks did.

Asher: Yours didn't have religion as an excuse.

Dan the Man: Hello we're CATHOLIC

Asher: So is GaGa

Dan the Man: You're amazing and I love you.

Asher: You're the only one.

Dan the Man: Didn't mom help you?

Asher: Yeah but dad was dad. I knew it would happen like this.

Dan the Man: We're leaving, mom is going to drop me home. 15 minutes

Asher: Thank god. I'll be at the rock.

Dan the Man: Don't have to, dad isn't home. Just come over.

Asher: Even better!

I jumped up and went to the desk, then sat back on my bed. There was really no room to pace in here. I stared at the collage I'd done on one wall, then decided that I may as well get out now in case mom held me up.

"Asher?"

I hadn't seen her sitting there, but she had probably been waiting for me for the past hour. "Hi. I'm go to Slim house okay?"

"I get that you want to be with him right now. But this is your home and you are welcome and wanted here. Okay? We both love you very much."

Both? I wasn't so sure about that. "Thanks."

"Be home for dinner."

I almost argued and she noticed.

"Home for dinner Asher. We're having dinner tonight as a family so don't bring Dan over here either."

"Okay." It wasn't worth fighting over. I wondered if she'd told my dad the same thing; I wouldn't have been surprised if he slept in the church.

*** *** ***

I watched from across the street as his mom's car pulled into their driveway. Mr. Long legs got out and went inside and then her car turned and headed back down the street. I waited about 45 seconds and dashed over. He pulled me into his arms as soon as I was inside and I nuzzled against his chest.

"Watch your little claws" he teased. "You're okay Ash, it's going to be alright."

I loosened my grip but didn't let him go. "Need you. Your room?"

"Yeah, we can go up. I'm worried about you. What happened?"

I didn't answer, just headed upstairs. I curled up in his bed and motioned for him to join me. "He say I um pick a bad life and is mad people know and and nothing. It was wasn't his words he was just sad and I feel bad."

"Where'd he go?"

"Work and ch ch--" I made my 'carry on' motion and he filled in the word for me.

"Church"

"Yeah. And he go store for stuff for house. I don't know. As far from me as. Did that make sense?"

"It was right, I think, yeah. As far from you as..."

"As he can."

"Give him some time. I know, trust me, I KNOW how much this sucks right now. I'm so sorry. But it'll work out, it will."

I reached for him, my hand sliding down his chest and towards his zipper.

"Asher?"

"Hi." I rolled closer, wanting more contact. We had the house to ourselves, why shouldn't we take advantage of it?  I knew it was crazy but I needed to know I was wanted, that I wasn't disgusting or hated.

"Not today. Not right now."

"Want you Slim. All of you. You have still um, your brown bag?"

"You're... wow. Babe? You don't--"

I cut him off by kissing him. We were grinding against each other and our hands were everywhere by the time I finally let him go long enough for us to catch our breath.

"God Asher. You KNOW I want but--"

"Want." I went for his neck this time, working my way up towards his ear. "Have time. Have place."

"I know, I know. God babe and I want to but I'm worried about you and fine, damn boy, screw it. But no sex, just getting off okay? I want to make you feel good."

*** *** ***

I dragged myself out of his bed as soon as the movie was over. I needed to get home even though it was the last thing I wanted to do. I would have gladly slept at his place for oh, ever.

"Tomorrow's Sunday. Think they'll relax on the 'family' day thing and let you out?"

"No. But maybe yes. I don't know."

"Well charge your phone just in case they don't."

"Always do."

"Asher, try not to worry and try not to feel bad. You didn't do anything wrong. Who you are is amazing and it will work out."

"Nice to say. I'll try. Thank you for... for today and just you. For you." I don't think I'd ever walked home as slowly as I did that evening. When I rounded the corner I stopped dead in my tracks and stared at my house. The tarp was down and the graffiti was exposed for the whole world to see. I didn't know what it meant and I wasn't sure what to do. I knew I couldn't stay here forever though, so I went inside.