VI - Remus

"Er... Angela Gabriella Lupin."

Lupin?? That was the primary thought that ran through Remus' mind. What?? But Remus' eyes were drawn to the fallen parchment - leaving Angela's. She was holding her toy as if it was her life-force and had been staring at Remus.

Bending further down, Remus picked up the parchment with his name and address on it. On the other side, Remus saw when he turned it over, was a letter. He read it to himself - obviously, Angela  wasn't meant to read it. It was written in a handwriting that Remus hadn't seen for 9 years: Jeanette.

Remus,

You know that I down't want anything to do with monsters like you. I didn't tell you about being pregnant with your child because I hoped and hoped she wouldn't be like you. But she is a monster, just ike you. I don't care what happens to her. Take her for all I care, or just put her in an orphanage. I don't care.

You're both the same.

Jeanette

Angela was his daughter? Remus was struck dumb, uselessly holding the letter in his hand and staring at the words. He then looked at the young girl - his daughter? 

"Er..." he stuttered. "Um."

A thought passed through his stunned mind: Whether or not she is my daughter, I can't leave a young girl anywhere on her own. "C-come in, Angela." he said, moving aside to let the girl through.