I - Angela

"I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!"

The doors slammed in her face as she stood on the doorstep, her eyes full of tears. She couldn't understand why her mother hated her so. Gripping the stuffed wolf she called Moony to her chest, she sniffled. Her mother, Jeanette Brown, had just thrown her out of the house – literally – and closed the door with the shouted words.

Angela was now all on her own. She had never left the house before, and as such she didn't know where to go and what to do. She slowly picked up the book bag her mother had thrown out with her and put it on her back. Still gripping Moony in a death grip, she walked towards the bus stop she saw on the corner of the street once when she looked through the window.

Sitting herself on the bench there, she read the parchment her mother gave her. It had the address of her father on it. Angela had never seen her father before, but she knew mother hated him even more than she hated her, or was it the same hate? She had heard her mother muttering something about a 'blood-thirsty beast' before, and when she transformed into a werewolf only yesterday, she knew that she was referring to her father.

Jeanette never called Angela by her name. She found out her name was Angela Gabriella Lupin, only minutes before – because along with the address of her father she got her birth certificate and all her documents that were stuffed in her book bag. She never knew her name. She was always called Monster or Freak. And she never knew why until she turned into a werewolf like her father. She would turn into a werewolf again tonight, because the full moon lasted for two days this time. She had checked the papers first thing after transforming back to her human form.

A bus stopped at the station and Angela jumped up. She peaked in the bus and shyly asked the driver if he knew which bus drove to Cornwall where her father lived. She was lucky that the bus that drove to the exact town that she needed to go to arrived only minutes after this one left.

She stood on the bus station and when the correct bus arrived, she stepped on and paid the bus driver the money her mother gave her for the trip and sat down somewhere in the middle of the bus where a seat was still empty.

Looking out at the country that flew by her, she was intrigued. She had never stepped out of her house before, but now she was on a bus to the other end of the country. She loved watching the nature fly by. It was late noon, and Angela was a bit tired from the transformation the night before, but she was okay. Falling asleep a few minutes later, she only woke up when the bus driver came to wake her up when they arrived. She thanked him shyly and went off the bus.

She looked at the slip of parchment again to read the address. It read 14, Valentine Lane. It was still light outside, being only five in the afternoon. She walked around the town a bit, asking people if they knew where the house in question was. Luckily an old man knew and told her where to go. Thanking him, she looked in the direction he had shown her and gripping Moony started walking in that way.

Finally, she was standing in front of a cottage. It was a really cute cottage. Angela smiled unconsciously. She knew that her father couldn't be that bad of a man if he had such a lovely home. There were red flowers all around it and the roof was made from branches. It was really nice. Gathering her courage, she stepped on the doorstep and knocked on the door.

Once. Twice.

She hugged her toy to her and stared up at the doors, willing them to open as soon as possible, before she ran away scared.