Arthur

"Arthur!" Yao stood from his, well, my desk, surprise showing in those large brown eyes.

Ivan stood beside him, tall and silent as ever.

"What happened to our plan? If Francis, Alfred, Matthew and I ever died Peter was supposed to take over in our place." I shouted.

"Peter was a child. And besides, he left to join the Nordic gang." Ivan recalled.

"He what?!" Honestly, I wasn't surprised. My younger brother was the rebellious type. But to think he'd leave Raivis behind...

"After all of you die he freak out and disappear. We found out later that he was taken in by a Swede and a Finn." Yao explained.

"Anyhow, Arthur? What happened? How are you alive?" The Russian man inquired.

"I'll explain if you give me my place back."

"No way! We turned this gang around. We fixed it, Aru."

"Then I'm afraid I'll have to use force."

At that, Antonio pushed open the office door, gun in hand.

Ivan reached into his coat but failed to reach his gun before red blossomed over his chest and he fell to the ground.

Yao looked up from his friend in shock. "Aru..." Gilbert took the second shot before the surprise wore off.

His aim apparently hadn't grown rusty in the year he spent off duty.

I was thankful for that.

"Now that that's all over with..." I muttered as Francis, Matthew, Alfred, and Elizaveta entered the room.

Liz looked down at her frying pan in disappointment. "Guess I von't be using zhis..." She sighed.

"Now we won't disappear!" Francis cheered, hugging Matthew tightly. "Merci, Matthieu. You and Gil gave us a second chance."

"De rien." Matthew grinned. Gil jumped into the hug next, then Alfred. I stood back and smiled at my family.

The two boys Francis and I had come across on the streets, starving and weak, were all grown up now.

I walked to the smaller of the two bodies lying on the floor and plucked the ring off his middle finger. This was the Heirloom of the Allies Gang. I back to the rejoicing group and placed it in Alfred's hand.

"Arthur..."
"It's your turn now, Al."