Twist

Music
Peaches- In The Valley Below
Stressed Out- twenty one pilots
Lies- Marina and The Diamonds
Castle- Halsey
Pretending- Ryan Beatty

"What do you mean you want me to go by myself to meet your mother?"

Spencer fumbled desperately for words. I stopped packing to look up at him. He finally had some colour in his face for he got burnt two days ago at Disney World. He was dressed in a Goofy sweater with a pair of shorts and his converse. I had been so happy during our visit, him mostly quiet. I didn't want to go home, plus I was nervous as hell about meeting his mother, and now he was suggesting I go by myself. Something was weird between us.

"I-I don't know-"

"Do you not want to go? Is it me?" I asked softly.

"Jessica, why would you ever think it was you?" he chuckled sadly.

I shrugged tiredly, allowing him to pull me into a tight embrace. I had been feeling so much more tired lately. Part of me said I wasn't sleeping enough, the more analytical side of me told me it was a symptom of depression.

'You're just tired.'

"Are you okay?" Spencer whispered.

"Fine," I lied.

He kissed my forehead softly. It wasn't helping. I was still a huge bundle of nerves. I was trying to refrain from shaking in his arms. He began to sway slightly. There was no calming me down. I was afraid, and I had reason to be... I just didn't know it yet. I had this feeling in the pit of my stomach. Something was wrong.

"It's just we've had case after case lately, and maybe we should just put everything to the side for a while," he said quietly.

"What do you mean everything?" I asked.

"Meeting my mother, taking small vacations, the wedding-"

"You're getting cold feet?"

I found myself pulling away from him, making a large distance between us. I couldn't believe it.

"No, Jessica-"

"Yes you are!" I wiped my eyes quickly. "Why are you doing this to me?"

He reached out for me. I swatted his hands away. It was like I could hear both of our hearts breaking.

"Like you said when I asked you to marry me; we're just too young," he said quietly.

"A-are you breaking up with me?" I gasped softly.

"I just think we need a break," he replied.

I grabbed my bag from the bed, hot tears streaming down my face. I took the ring off my finger and threw it at him.

"Fuck you, Spencer. Fuck. You."

(A/N: ????????????)