A Case and A Ring

Music:

I literally just listened to Folie à Deux by Fall Out Boy on repeat. Don't judge me. It is my favourite album. (A/N: Title didn't work at first???)
|******|
Spencer and I came into the room, looking through the file that was sent to us. I was holding the file for us to both share, though he kept reading much more ahead than me, and he was holding our coffees and our laptop/file bags. He pecked me quickly before I stood up at the front, clicker in my hand and laptop plugged into the projector.

'Think like Garcia. Just don't try pet names, that's her thing.'

"Okay so, there have been a series of child abductions and murders, all boys, throughout the Orlando area," I clicked the clicker to show the boys, there were four. "They disappear and then turn up four days later. Coroner hasn't done an autopsy on the last boy yet, but the three before him showed signs of dehydration, starvation, abuse, and rape."

The boys couldn't have been older than ten. I kept myself from crying. I was strong. I had to be to find these boys' killer. As the team began to pack up, I felt someone grab my hand. I looked up to see J.J., a woman who I had thought so badly about, but now loved her as if she was my aunt.

"What's with the ring?" she giggled quietly.

I pulled away, shoving my hand in my pocket. "Don't tell my dad."

"Why not, Jessica? This is great news!" she replied.

"He'll kick Spencer's ass, then he'll kick my ass-"

"REID! YOU LITTLE DICKHEAD!" I heard Derek shout, causing both J.J. and I to jump.

I walked very quickly to the source of the shouting. Derek had Spencer in a playful headlock and was laughing.

"Dad! What is going on?" I exclaimed, confused about the situation.

"Reid was supposed to talk to me me first before proposing. It's called asking for the father's permission, kid," he chuckled, giving Spencer a noogie.

"This is physical uncomfortable and I do not like the position I am in right now," Spencer told us.

"Dad, let him go," I sighed happily.

He let Spencer go with a laugh, giving him a small shove. "You two are no fun. We'll meet you in the car."

I nodded as he gave me a nudge, walking by. Spencer 'straightened' his tie. I walked over and attempted to fix it, failing.

"It never stays straight," I chuckled quietly.

I began to ramble about how many times I had tried to fix his tie, the number endless to me. Spencer kissed me, then pulled away.

"Man, I really need to shut up sometimes," I chuckled.

"It's cute when you ramble. I enjoy kissing you to shut up," he blushed.

"Slow your role, Romeo. Let's start this case."