They loved each other more than they ever thought they would, and they both knew it, wholeheartedly.

•x•

The man who's name was supposedly Anthony was very careful when walking into the alleyway. Even though he didn't see them, he knew that his killer was there, somewhere, hiding in the shadows waiting for him to arrive.

"You know, it's very impressive how many people you've killed so far just to get to me.... In fact, you're just like another me, aren't you? I'm honored," he taunted.

In the shadows, the girl gritted her teeth and clenched her fist, and her lover just listened and watched closely with his hand on her back.

"You've found all my men, new and old, and just killed them all like that, just to get something in return. We're just as bad as each other now aren't we?"

The man saw something move slightly and backed up to the wall, pulling out his gun extremely slowly, careful not to make too much noise even though he was fully aware of the fact that his killer knew he had one.

"Now come on, Autumn Brown, wouldn't you like to have a fair fight just like your parents did? Oh wait...."

At the end of the man's sentence, two loud gun shots went off; one from Autumn's and one from Anthony's.

They both missed, and all three of them knew that time was ticking away before someone would either a) get suspicious and look and then call the cops or b) call the cops immediately.

The man snickered. "I must admit, that was a good shot, but simply not good enough." He still kept his gun pointed in the direction the shot came from in case she tried to shoot again and moved a little bit that way he was still undetected, but not in the same spot.

Much to his pleasure, the girl jumped down to where she was in sight, and he stepped out of the shadows that way she could see him.

"Autumn Brown," he said with a slight smirk.

She glared at him. "Erwin."

He nodded. "Ah yes, Anthony was just a fake name. If I used my actual name that would be stupid, wouldn't it Emily?"

She grinned. "Of course."

"Now tell me please," he started with a serious look, "who's your friend you have back there?"

"There's no one back there," she replied, her eyes in a deadly lock with his.

He let out a scoff. "I know you wouldn't come here all alone where the only person to protect you is, you." He let a small "tsk" and shook his head. "That's a big mistake, a big mistake that you are not stupid enough to make."

As the last word left Erwin's mouth, he aimed his gun from where Autumn had jumped down from, and her gun instantly went up also.

He looked at her and grinned. "Ah, you see, someone is there."

Autumn cursed at herself  for making a stupid mistake inside her mind, and so did Levi.

"Just cause I put it up doesn't mean someone is there, if you have your gun up, so will I," she lied, making it sound convincing as possible.

It would have worked, only if Erwin didn't have one useful piece of information that he used against her.

"Ah, well, you see, that would be and is pretty reasonable, Autumn, but I know something you don't. You see, to make sure that it was actually you, I called the school," he stated. "I asked how everything was you know, but then they told me something.... a bit odd."