"Hang on, I'm not dressed and neither is Robyn." They all looked at the two of us and sighed.

"How about you guys go, and we'll just stay here?" Robyn suggested.

We all agreed and Robyn and I walked the others to the front door. We watched as they skipped over to Chrissy's car and got in. I immediately heard a pop song blast from the speakers as they pulled out of the driveway.

When they were gone, we came back inside and closed the door.

Robyn walked toward the staircase studying her phone screen and gestured me to follow her. "We can wait upstairs. Oh wait, can you lock the door?" She stopped and turned to me.

I nodded and walked back to the door, locking it.

Upstairs we laid on Robyn's bed and stared at the ceiling.

She looked at her phone again and I turned to her. "Who are you talking to?"

"Hm?" She barely glanced in my direction.

"What's going on Robyn, are you okay?" I sat up.

She finally looked at me and sighed before sitting up too.

"Calvin won't text me back."

"Isn't he sick? Maybe he's just sleeping." I said.

Robyn crossed her legs and placed her hands in her lap. She seemed to be thinking hard about something and she looked worried.

After a moment she shrugged. "I don't know if he is sick. He just texted me yesterday and said he wasn't coming. I tried calling him but he just kept forwarding me."

"Did something happen between you two?" I asked.

She shook her head. "No, things were fine. It was starting to feel normal again then all of the sudden he did this. I don't understand why he's ignoring me. First it was like I wasn't spending enough time with him and now it's like he's cut me off completely."

"Why is it so hard for him to have other friends?" He was always so introverted. He rarely spoke unless it was to Robyn.

"It's complicated. It's not his fault."

"What do you mean?"

She pressed her lips together and looked at me. She looked conflicted, like she was debating on whether or not she would tell me.

"Can you keep a secret?" She asked suddenly.

My eyes widened. "Of course. What's going on Robyn?"

"I mean it, you can't tell anyone. Not Andrew or Cole or anyone." She pleaded to me.

I nodded. "I swear I won't tell anyone."

I watched her as she took a deep breath and collected her thoughts. "Calvin's an orphan."

My mouth popped open at both what she said and how quickly she said it. It was almost like she forced it out before she could change her mind.

"That's not the secret though. He told me everything a few years ago. It was about two years after we met. We got really close really fast, and he told me his deepest secret. I'm the only person he's told and I haven't told anyone. That's why it's so important that you don't tell anyone."

"I promise, no one will know but the two of us." I said reassuringly.

I felt kind of torn with this situation. On one hand I didn't want her to reveal Calvin's deepest secret without his permission, but on the other hand I knew that having this secret on her own was a lot of pressure.