Chapter Forty-Seven ۞ Blank

Genevieve was by Zevlin's side as he slept still on the bed. Olivia hovered over the older of the twins, her hands smoothly gliding over his body with a glow of green light being emitted from her palms. Gen watched her actions carefully, taking in the movement of her body and hands.

"Um . . ." Genevieve mumbled. "I'm sorry. How is he?"

"I do not think he'll regain consciousness anytime soon. His body was not injured too much, yet the state of his mind is not something I'm really certain of." Olivia trailed off. "He seems to be in a death-like state of sleep. The longer this goes on, the harder it will be to have him wake up."

Tamara burst into the room, a strange look in her eyes. Genevieve gazed at her in utter confusion with a hint of sadness and worry creasing her face. She stared up at the red-headed girl, waiting for her to speak up. The third-ranker had that expression on that said she was about to faint.

"CORVAN AND VALERIANA ARE FREAKING GIRLFRIEND AND BOYFRIEND AND I DO NOT KNOW WHAT AND HOW THAT HAPPENED BUT OH, LARKOV!" She exclaimed, hardly breathing in between. Her arms were flapping around like a penguin.

It was quite a comical sight. Her blue eyes were stark wide and her hair jumped with her every movement.

Genevieve felt puzzled at the news. "Girlfriend and boyfriend? I've heard of that but what does that mean again?"

"LOVERS! FREAKING LOVERS, GENEVIEVE!" She yelled.

The younger of the twin jumped at the news and started squealing. "I knew it! I knew it! They liked each other so bad! CorVal for life! Yieeeee!"

Genevieve did not even know how on Valemnia she was able to create such a strange sound, but perhaps that was what set aside the esteemed shipper nation from all other creatures--human or Valemnian. Accompanying her words were enthusiastic jumps on the balls of her feet and her hands clapping like a child who won some sort of prize.

"I didn't know how it happened." Tamara rolled her eyes. "I mean, seriously. One moment they were fighting and next thing is that they're engaged."

Olivia listened silently with a smile.

"Engaged? Really? Not just this girl and boyfriend subject?"

"Well, I'll be asking the two later."

"It's better than no progress." Genevieve nodded, a huge smile on her face. "Yeah, yeah."

"How's Zev?" She asked, nodding towards the bed-ridden pair of the two.

Reminded of her brother's condition, the girl felt her mood plummet down as fast as it skyrocketed. She slumped and crashed on the chair she had been sitting on since a while ago and looked over to her brother.

"He's still not fine . . . the headmaster and Lord Lienhard said strange things I could not quite understand. They said they're going to check on him later, and I'm still waiting."

Tamara looked up to see Olivia, the official healer and Head Academy Doctor, gazing at Genevieve with sympathy. Dragging her gaze back to the poor girl, she felt herself shaking her head. It made her jealous how much the twins cared for each other as siblings. With her and Charles's situation, it was quite impossible for that kind of relationship to be established.

"I'm sure he'll be able to win over whatever he's going through." Said Tamara. "He's a strong guy, after all."

"I never even knew he was going through something. Did you even know he was struggling with his element?"

"What?" Tamara was surprised. "He was?"

"He hid it very well. No one even noticed until now." Genevieve sadly commented.