Chapter 57

Chapter 57

The sun was peaking into the bedroom, shining into Justin's eyes. He turned over to get away from the dreadful light, groaning. His right hand slammed to Alex's side of the bed, not feeling a body, his eyes shot open.

Justin's POV:

I sprinted toward the door, relieved that I saw my workaholic girlfriend typing away on her laptop.
"Babe?" I muttered, rubbing my eyes. She didn't answer, the laptop was consuming all her attention.
I coughed. There was still no answer. I gave up and went to the kitchen. I got a glass, filled it with water and chugged it. My throat was a desert.

*After two hours*

Justin's POV:

Alex was still typing away on her computer, for what reason I have no idea. I heard a chime from the Mac Book Air. She groaned, probably frustrated.

"WHY ARE PEOPLE HITTING ME UP?!" She screamed, jumping from her seat and sprinting toward the hotel kitchen.

"What's wrong, darling?" I ask, her eyes wider than before.

"I-I...." I cut her off.

"Baby, you need to calm your breathing." I grabbed her by the hand and lead her quietly to the couch.

"How long have you been working?" I ask, my hand rubbing her back as an attempt to calm her down.

"I don't know. Since I woke up." She answered, the tiredness evident in her voice.

"When was that?" Her head fell on my shoulder.

"About five in the morning." Her voice cracked. She barely kept her eyes opened as we were speaking. I open my mouth to speak but I hear snoring. I get up from my spot, pick her up bridal style and carried her to the bedroom. I look at her, the corners of her mouth barely making a smile. I quietly make my way out of the bedroom and see what's on tv.

*After one hour*

Justin's POV:

I shut off the television after finding nothing even remotely interesting and throw it on the coffee table. Alex's laptop chimed again for the fifth time in thirty minutes.
What is so important? I looked at the bedroom door. It's almost 3:00 pm. I guess I should see who it is? I jumped from the couch, dashing over to the device. I did not recognize the name. I clicked on the message anyway.

A/N:  Who do you think messaged Alex? Could it be Madison? Or somebody new? Vote and comment if you liked it. It doesn't let me know if you liked it without you voting or commenting. Thank you so much.