chapter 18

((Jessica's P.O.V))

It is now the glorious Saturday after that wonderful Thursday and well since it has only been two days nothing has really changed. Last time we were here I had just officially become Roger's girlfriend....later on we had told the boys and the next day in school I had informed both Ellesse and Courtney...they were so happy we had finally become 'official' even if we couldn't tell anyone just yet.
As I said, it's now the Saturday after and I find myself frantically running around my bedroom trying to get ready. I'm planning on going over to Roger's flat to hang out with him and the boys for the evening. It's currently 5pm and I have just jumped out of the shower.
On my bed lies the clothes I'm going to wear this evening: black leather trousers that do me justice and a pink top, I have decided to wear heels to show of the new figure I have gained the last few weeks. After somewhat starving myself for a certain period of time I had lost a lot of weight...and I never went back to that. Idea after going from fat to supper skinny then gaining weight again....I am now what I would like to say 'perfect' size... though I still feel conscious about myself.
Anyway, with one towel wrapped around my body and another wrapped around my hair I run from the bathroom to my bedroom. Rapidly I dry myself before slinging the towels across my room and squeezing into my trousers. I pulled my top over my head before quickly blow drying my hair. My blonde hair is now rather long, coming to maybe about halfway down my back. Feeling satisfied with my hair I leave it flowing down my back in its natural curls. Make-up: not really liking make-up so much I applied a little mascara, as well as some light pink lip stick that compliments me. With my face and hair sorted I run to wear my shoes have been placed. I sit down on the floor, pulling each shoe on before standing up. Wearing heels gives me a little more height....though I'm still an inch or two shorter than Roger when I wear them.
Grabbing my favourite jacket, purse and dosing me in perfume I carefully walk out of my room, shouting the light off as I go. Making sure everything is in my bag I make my way downstairs being careful not to fall. As I walk I put on my jacket, my purse now being slung over my shoulder.
Finally downstairs, I walk past my parents as they give me curious looks.
"Where are you going?" my father asked. I was surprised to see him home so early; usually he stays at work till late.
"I'm going over to Ellesse...I may stay the night I'm not sure yet. Don't wait up. I'll get Ellesse older brother to drop me home if it's too late to walk" Ellesse and I have a deal. If we are going somewhere and we don't want to tell our parents we say we are going to one another's houses. Then if our parents decide to check were we are, we stick up for each other. Even if I wasn't at Ellesse, Ellesse would say I was. As for Ellesse's brother it's just a good excuse to get them off my backs, and reassure them that I am being safe.
"Okay have fun darling...ring if you are staying over though. Just so I know your safe." My mother spoke up.
"Okay will do" and with that I left their line of vision. Walking towards the front door and swinging it open, allowing the cold November air to hit me. It isn't that far of a walk from mine to Roger's...but it isn't short either. He did offer to pick me up, but me trying to be independent and wanting the time alone I declined.
-----
It took me about 20/30 minutes of walking before I reached the building Roger lived in. It was rather big, but not very expensive. I entered the building and walked up to his apartment. I knocked twice before stepping back. Within moments the door came swinging open, revealing a happy looking Freddie.
"Jess you made it, please come in. Roger's in his room...you can go see him if ya' want" he said ushering me in. The apartment isn't big but isn't small either. It has a decent size kitchen, bathroom and living room. A table sits in the kitchen where the boys tend to eat....either that or they gather around the TV. Everything is clean and tidy and each one of them has their own room. Over the time I have known Roger I have spent a lot of time here, I know my way around and I feel rather comfortable her.
"Thanks Freddie, I'll go see him" I walked through the living room, saying a brief hello to John and Brian as I passed the sofa which they had now situated themselves on. I walked down the corridor and too Roger's bedroom. I knocked lightly and entered when he shouted 'come in'.
I opened the door to find him sat on his bed, reading. His room was rather small, he had a double bed, a guitar, wardrobe and his drum set all in here...leaving little space left. I walked over to him, taking a seat on his bed beside him and kissing him on the cheek before lying down.
"What you reading?"
"It's some fantasy book" he said closing it before setting it down on his bedside table, which I neglected to mention before.
"You don't have to stop because I'm here. I don't mind waiting" I said. He had now led down beside me and had wrapped his arms around me.
"I'd rather spend time with you than read some lousy book" he said kissing my forehead.
"Well I am here to hang out with you and the guys...soo we better get out there" I said, rolling off the bed. I stood up, Roger following suit. He looked me up and down before speaking.
"Okay one: I like those trousers...I have ones just like them. Two: have you grown... and three: you look absolutely beautiful" he said. He had finished speaking and we had begun leaving his room, walking back down the corridor and towards the living room where the others sat.
"Okay, one: I can't believe you have trousers like these....I must see you wear them. Two: I'm wearing heels... and three: thank you, your looking very handsome this evening as well" we had now made it into the living room and Roger had sat down on the sofa with the boys. Leaving no room for me.
Roger opened his arms and I immediately knew what he was hinting towards. I walked towards him and took a seat on his lap, wrapping my arms around his neck as his wrapped around my waist. I rested my head on his shoulder as we sat before the TV.
"Do you all want a drink?" john asked getting up from the sofa and walking towards the kitchen. The responses he received were 'yes'. Without question he made his way into the kitchen and retrieved five beers, coming back and handing one to the each of us. With the help from Roger I got my beer open, sighing in satisfaction as I took my first sip....allowing the cool liquid to run down my throat.
"Okay so guys, pizza's on the way. There is a lot...And I mean a lot of beer in the fridge and we have enough cigarettes to last us for two days...it's going to be a great night" indeed it was. Only 10 minutes later the pizza arrived and we all sat on the sofa eating it whilst we watched TV and drunk or what was by then second maybe third beer.
I was still situated on Roger's lap, a box of pizza on my lap that we were both eating from. It didn't take us long and three pizza's and four beers down we were ready for the games to break out.
Freddie was the one who had the idea of playing never have I ever. For those who don't know how to play it goes like this. Someone says something they have never done; if someone in that group has done it...the person that has done it takes a shot, that's basically it. We were now all sat on the floor in a big circle, shot glasses and bottles of alcohol sat before us.
"wait let me call my mum to tell her I'm staying over Ellesse before I'm too drunk to do soo" I said standing up from the floor, walking over to the phone as best as I could in the heels on my feet. I quickly dialled the house phone number and waited for an answer. Finally it picked up.
((Roger's P.O.V))
Whilst Jess was on the phone Freddie turned towards me asking:
"Why is she saying she's at Ellesse's...who's Ellesse?" It hit me that they had never actually met Ellesse.
"Ellesse is Jess's best friend. They are literally inseparable. No-one knows me and Jess are together except you lot, Ellesse and Jess's other friend Courtney. Her parents wouldn't be very happy to find out she's staying at her boyfriend's house....so she's, well, lying." I simply said.
I watched as Jess hung up the phone and came to join us.
"Alright?" I asked
"Yeah...now let's get this game started. Who wants to go first?" everyone looked around the circle until Brian spoke up.
"Okay...never have I ever....smoked?" to make it easier to see who need to do a shot we decided for people who had done it to put their hand up. Everyone except Brian put their hand up...that included Jess. Everyone looked at her in shock and surprise, including me.
"I used to hang out with a twenty year old, my best friend dated him. When I went through that stage the other week it was my only outlet" she said, staring into my eyes as I spoke. I knew what faze she was talking about. It was those weeks she starved herself. The weeks I wasn't there for her...I so desperately wished I was.
"What faze?" john asked.  I quickly looked to him and shook my head as in to say 'not now'. He simply nods, and everyone that had their hand up took a shot. Next it was my turn....wanting to find out the answer to this question, but not wanting to be blunt I asked:
"Never have I ever had....sex?" everyone's had shot up...except for Jess. I knew the point of this game was to say something you hadn't did....but I wanted to know. And I knew the boys knew what I was doing. It was Jess's go next and I knew she was stuck... before an evil smirk crept across her face
"Never have I ever kissed a girl" I looked at her with evil eyes....with the rate we were going we would all be drunk sooner rather than later. She only chuckled, watching as all four of us boys downed another shot.
Now it was John's turn.
"Never have I ever kissed a guy" this time it was Jess's turn to drink...along with Freddie.
Next it was Freddie... and this question really hit a nerve
"Never have I ever....done something to harm myself" the only hand that shot up was Jess's and I could see the look on her face....she was worried she would be questioned. Wanting to take the attention of her I put my hand up as well....I wasn't going to let her suffer alone. We awkwardly passed that round and surprisingly we weren't questioned....but I could see the discomfort on Jess's face.
After playing that for a little while....and ending up defiantly drunk we all decided it would be a good thing to just sit down and watch a movie.
The boys had decided to sit on the floor and I and Jess were curled up on the sofa. I was led on my back and she led between my legs, her head resting on my chest as I played with her hair...both of us watching the movie. She had taken her heels off a while ago and had wiped off the little make-up she was wearing. We had a blanket thrown over the top of us as we cuddled on the sofa.
The film didn't last that long and before we knew it we were shutting the TV off. I looked down only to find that Jess had fallen asleep...she looked so peaceful and relaxed...she looked angelic. I scooped her up into my arms bridal style, shuffling of the sofa and walking down the corridor to my bedroom. I gently placed her on the bed only to realise she couldn't sleep in her clothes...and to respect her privacy I wasn't going to undress her I softly woke her up.
"Jess do you want to get changed?" I asked my voice soft.
"I can't be bothered..." she grumbled
"Do you want me to do it for you" I reluctantly asked. She simply nodded. I grabbed an oversized shirt from my wardrobe and began undressing her....I gently sat her up and pulled the t-shirt over her head. I led her back down before quickly getting changed myself.
Realising Jess wasn't under the covers I lifted her up, laying her back down under the covers. I got into bed myself, only wearing boxers and a t-shirt....I hope she doesn't mind.
I led on my side facing Jess. The love I feel for her is indescribable....it's a love that I have always wanted to feel but have never been given the opportunity...until now.
I don't want to lose Jess....she is perfect. The poem she wrote for me on Thursday showed me that the feelings mutual. It has only been a few months that we have known each other...but I don't know how I lived without her.
As I led watching Jess, making sure she was going back to sleep...she rolled over and snuggled into me. Her arms wrapped around my waist and she buried her head into my chest...it was a moment I had always craved...and was finally granted.
"I love you" I said, leaning down to gently kiss her forehead before I rested my head on my pillow...closing my eyes and ready to fall asleep with my love at my side.
"I love you too" I heard a faint whisper...and with that I fell asleep. Feeling as though nothing stood in my way.