Chapter 2- My first day at school

I am awoken from my bed by my phone alarm, 7am I jump out of bed and run to my wardrobe, hmm what to wear? I pick out a light pink baggy vest top, and a pair of blue skinny jeans, I walk into the bathroom and wash then pull on my clothes, I walk back into my room and brush my long brown hair, I pull it to the side and do a fish tail plait, nope. I then untie it and do a pony tail, still a no I decide to leave it down and get started on my makeup, I apply my liquid foundation and then my concealer I then apply my powdered foundation, and colour in gently my eyebrows. I then apply a small bit of mascara then im done. I then pull on a black blazer and roll the sleeves twice before pulling on a pair of ballet pumps and walking downstairs.

"Look at you all grown up" My mum says placing the toast rack on the table. "Well it would've been sooner however you wouldn't let me go to school" I sigh taking a seat and grabbing two slices of toast, "Hunny you know I just want the best for you" She says putting the butter and jam in the table. "Is it welsh butter?" I ask. "No sweetie we ran out last week" she says sitting down. Ever since I was 9 and my mother took me to wales for a week I've fallen in love with the salty butter that they make. It's so much better than normal butter, so I get my mum to order it online, it usually lasts me a month however my mum forgot to buy herself some so she used mine. That sucks.

I start to butter and spread the jam on my toast before I take the first bite. "Want me to walk you to school?" Mum asks. "Im 16 mum I don't need to be walked anywhere, you missed that option long ago" I say taking another bite. "But I've protected you from the harsh reality, I still taught you everything you need to know, I gave you work, I taught you maths and.." She begins to say. "No, I don't know the curriculum, I don't know half the stuff I need, I don't know how to make friends, I don't know anything." I say pushing my plate away and walking upstairs. "Listen to me, I know it's hard" I interrupt "You know it's hard, I have no friends, I find it hard to talk to people, and that's all down to you ever since dad left, you kept me prisoner kept me here where the only person I know is you. Now that the governments got involved you're upset as you have nothing to do. Why not get off your lazy arse and work like normal mothers do." I shout down at her, I grab my bag and my phone and storm down stairs and storm out the house. I put my headphones in as I walk down the street and start listening to N.W.A's greatest hits what can I say collective taste. I walk down the streets looking at the many over people round about my age, they don't look as intimidating as I first thought.

Thinking back to the argument I had earlier with my mum maybe I am a little more annoyed than I first thought, I've always dreamed of going to school and being normal, but I never wanted to ruin the relationship I have with my mother. Maybe I was a little harsh, she has tried her hardest, yeah she's made some mistakes but she's a single parent. That comment on my father maybe was a little harsh...

My thoughts are interrupted when I reach the school gates, wow this place is bigger than I thought, and the black gates are so tall I can't help but feel small. I take a deep breath and step in, not so bad. I walk in and take a look at my surroundings. Over to my left is a huge car park, and to my right a large field with one football pitch and bleachers. In front of me is the old Victorian building which is the main school building. I walk up the gravel path and walk up the main steps. This was simple enough, I walk in through the Victorian archway, I pull my earphones out and shove my phone in my bag. All around me are students my age, in front of me is a grand stair case which leads to more floors, on my left is a long corridor and a couple of offices, to my right the reception and the head masters office. I start to walk over to the reception when im knocked down by a muscular lad. "Sorry" I say quietly, "It was my fault love" He smiles; he has bright white teeth, black hair and green eyes. He extends his arm out and through his shirt I can see that he's muscular. I take his hand "Thanks." I smile dusting myself off. "Im Garry" He says. "Aurora" I smile, "Like the princess?" He asks. "I guess." I say, "Your new here?" He asks as a few more boys start to stand behind him. "Yeah, my first day actually." I say rubbing my arm; "well if you need anything you know who to call" He smirks as he walks off with the five lads behind him.