Chapter 11

I had finished moving in with Hannah in the next week or so, and I was visiting with Seth. He looked very serious when I got there."I need to talk to you."Is all he said. We got up to his apartment, and sat in the living room,"What up?"I asked. I was still trying to get over my mother's death, so it didn't sound as pleasant as I'd want it to, but come on. My mom just died.

"So. I've been thinking about this a lot.  And- I think we should take a break."Seth said, looking at me. My jaw dropped."Are you kidding me?"Was all I could ask."No, it's just-"I interrupted him,"You're at college, and there are a lot of gorgeous college girls around, and you want to try being a player with all of them. I get it, whatever."I said, fighting the tears until I was away from him.

Now it was Seth's turn to gape, as I stood up, grabbing my purse, and opened the apartment door, walking towards the elevator."That's not it at all, Skylar!"He said, and I turned around,"Don't lie to me. Don't try to make things sound better by changing it around even though it won't be true. I can handle it, Seth. My parents are dead, I don't live with any of my family, in fact, I may move away from your sister now that you broke up with me. I thought it would be a good thing living there, for when you visit and everything, but apparently, it's not! So, just shut up, Seth, just shut up."I said, before turning on my heel, and going down the elevator.

Once in the parking lot, I climbed into my car,  closed the door and windows, and screamed. Tears flooding down my face. After cooling down a bit, I turned the car on, and drove towards Hannah's house. I walked into her room, and looked at her. She could tell I had been crying."Your brother broke up with me."I said. She gaped."He did not!"She gasped. I nodded, tears flooding down my face again.

"Oh my God, Skylar!"She rushed towards me, hugging me."He's a jerk."She said. Hannah is definately a true best friend by calling her brother a jerk. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day at school, I was completely harassed by Joey and his little group. At lunch, he pulled me behind one of the buildings."I want to make your death slow and painful."He said. He, like before, threw me up against the brick wall, kicking me once I fell. Not in the stomach though- in the head. I cried endlessly that night. 

The day after that, he did the same thing, but harder. I could tell he had actually begun to work out. Day after day the punishment became worse and worse.

I came home with black and swollen eyes, bloody noses, bloody heads, sprained bones, bruised everything, my clothes torn, tear stains on my face and clothes, my backpack ripped, all of my papers and notebooks and folders in my backpack ripped, my phone broken several times. What ever punishment you can think of- they did. 

Hannah didn't really take notice anymore. She had found a bigger group of friends to sit with at lunch. I get it. It was kind of awkward ever since her brother broke up with me. I'm convinced that she's thinking about kicking me out soon.

But I wouldn't be able to go back to my old house. I'd be a homeless teenager on the run from bullies, family problems. Not that I'd have the option of ever going back, anyways. My siblings now hate me. That is something I will never get away from. 

Every night I have the same awful nightmare of when my parents told me their news. 

Everything had been crappy. Then I got a call. From Seth.

"Hello?"My shaky voice that never really left anymore answered.

"Skylar?"Seth asked. He noticed my voice.

"What do you want?"I asked, trying to sound calmer. Trying to sound like I was coping. 

"I just wanted to tell you I'm going to come visit my family for the weekend. I thought I would give you the warning in advance if you wanted to stay somewhere else. If you don't want to see me."Seth said.

Tears slid down my face."You won't really see me anyways. I'm really busy will school, and normally just stay in my room, anyways."I said, before hanging up.

I half screamed half sobbed into my pillow. God, how much I miss his hair. How much I miss his baseball games. How much I miss his eyes. How much I miss when he told me he loved me. How much I miss him

I finally got up from the bed, wiping the dripping mascara from under my eyes, and examined my new black eye, and all the new bruises and bloody spots on my face. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day was the day that Seth was coming home for the weekend. I decided to go to the park, and get some fresh air. I grabbed my keys, and slipped my phone in my back pocket. I originally put my hair in a bun, but then realized that my back and back of my neck were the second worst places to be bruised. So I just left my hair down to cover up the blackness. I didn't really worry about makeup. Not even mascara. I knew I'd just be crying later.

I opened the door, to Seth getting ready to slide his key into the doorknob. There was a girl behind him. He was holding her hand. She was gorgeous. I paused for a moment. Seeing him reminded me how much I missed him. After a few more seconds of awkward silence, I simply said hi, and then walked out to my car. I felt his eyes on me the entire way down the driveway. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night, I did my nightly little stroll around the house and to the dining room. I sat down, slowly. Thinking of everything. I whipped my phone out, scrolling through all my social media.

Then I heard giggling, and knew that Seth and his new girlfriend- Alicia- were coming down here. I heard quietness for a moment, and knew that Seth had seen me. They walked into the kitchen, and into the pantry, of course holding hands. 

I didn't even look up at them once. I knew that Seth was trying to ignore me as much as possible, too. Alicia left the pantry first, and rushed up the stairs. Then Seth walked out. He kind of looked angry.

"Why didn't you just go stay somewhere else? Do you know how hard it is for me to see you?"He asked. 

I wanted to cry at that."Don't you understand? I don't have anywhere else to go!"I said, and swallowed,"Look at me Seth."I realized he hadn't looked at my face once. He turned his eyes to my face."Joey's beat me every day since you left. You seeing me is- is not even close to how hard it is for me seeing you."I said, before standing  up, leaving Seth in the kitchen as I walked up to my room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone! Just wanted to say thanks for reading! I hope you're liking it!

Rereading the chapters I've already made, I've noticed a lot of typos. Sorry about that if you didn't really understand the sentence! I'm going to go back through pretty soon and retype those typos. 

For now, go ahead and leave a comment of what you think about the story!