Chapter 1

I could say that this book is done, and that I am now just making some adjustments, but that is not entirely true. Yes, all of the chapters are up, but I may completely redo the original just because I am not proud of how little detail and how quick the book ended. Just a warning- you may read one thing and it may change the next day! Or you may not be reading the very original. This is just a warning!

A whole two years. I spent a whole two years with Joey, before he hurt me. I was with him through one of the hardest times in my life. I will never forget the day he decided to take my heart, and wrench it. After everything.

Now, I'm not saying it was the best relationship, esspecially towards the end- but he was my first love. Did I like the way he treated me? No. Did I try to speak up for myself? Occasionally. Only when he was in a good mood. I didn't really care how I felt- I just wanted Joey to be happy.

He pulled my hair,"Sit down! I'm trying to talk to you!"Joey yelled, and I pushed away, my head burning. I fell onto the floor,"I-I want to go home!"I cried,"We're having a serious talk right now! You can't leave!"Joey insisted, standing up himself, and grabbed my arm, dragging me up to my feet.

I rushed to the door,"You walk out that door, we're over!"Joey threatened. I paused, and looked back,"Joey- please! I need to go home! My parents are probably worried sick about me. Don't do this!"I pleaded.

"Walk through the door! I dare you!"Joey turned, and slammed his fists on the desk, as he sat down in his chair, and swiveled to see what my next action would be. Tears flooded down my face,"I'm so sorry,"I whispered, running out of the house, and down the street.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thank God, there you are! We were about to call the police!"Mom said, standing up relieved to see me. I smiled tiredly towards her, sitting down while she did the same.

"I don't think we would have been able to actually call the police until it's been twenty-four hours."Dad chirped up. Mom rolled her eyes,"You know what I meant Rider."He grinned, but that soon faded.

"Kids-"He addressed me and my two siblings.

I have one little brother and sister. Nick is twelve. Lily is six.

"Um.. So, I got a call this morning, and um... Well... I need to go on some business for work."Dad said, not looking at any of us. Mom put her hand on his reassuringly.

Dad was in the military, meaning he was being deported, and when ever he has a look like that it means that he knows he might not come back.

I closed my eyes, standing up and sitting down next to him, wrapping my arms around him.

"Also... If it's not hard enough to deal with your dad going away for a time... I also, got a call this morning, and I'll need everyone to pitch in around the house, because I.... I have cancer."Mom said, looking down just like dad did.

I gaped. What... What if they both die?

"Great, so I'm going to lose both of my parents?"Nick suddenly assumed aloud. Mom shook her head, her eyes widening."Oh, no! No, honey! We may... We may pass away, but we will always be here. You know that, and still. I'm stronger than I look."Mom said, pulling my brother into a hug.

"I think we need some good news to cheer us up,"She said after another moment, and looked at me, giving me a soft smile.

"So, Sky, how are you and Joey?"

I closed my eyes for a moment, then deciding it would be best not to tell them right now."We're fine."I gave her a tight smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After my parents' whole announcements, I decided to go over to my best friend's house. I didn't tell anyone at home about Joey breaking up with me- Hannah was the only one I could talk to.

I laid on her bed, in her room, and she sat on her bean bag as I explained what happened."You poor baby!"She said. Just then there was a knock on the door. Then the door creaked open, revealing Seth- Hannah's brother. He's one year older than her, has chocolate brown hair, and is really strong. He plays baseball.

"Hey, mom wants to know what you want for dinner. Pizza or burgers?"He asked looking at Hannah."Mmmm let's do burgers."Hannah thought for a moment. She probably expected me to stay for dinner. Burgers were my favorite food. Seth looked at me,"Hey Skylar. How are you?"He asked. I shrugged,"I could be better."I said.

Seth looked at me confused, then glanced at Hannah, who gave a slight shake of her head. He nodded, before closing the door.

That was just the start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for reading!

Make sure to comment- I like to know where I can improve on the story!!

This chapter is a little short, I just thought I would use it to open up the characters, start up on the backstory, simple story layout stuff.

~Stormy