{11}

Niall

I nervously knocked on the door, my knuckles sweating more than my forehead. He would help me right? I mean, it's not like I haven't been in contact with him in the past six years, we talk every now and then, it's not as awkward as it use to be, that's for sure.

The door opened and revealed Daniels husband, Jeremy. "Hey, can I please talk to Daniel?" I asked.

"Yeah sure, let me go get him." He smiled before leaving the door way to go get Daniel. I invited myself in and closed the door behind me, waiting to see Daniel emerge from the hallway.

They lived in a new home by the way. It was in the same neighborhood as mine and Harry's and it was much bigger than the apartment Daniel lived in before.

"Niall." I heard Daniel say. I looked up and smiled as I greeted him with a hug. 

"It's good to see you." I smiled.

"Can I get you something to drink? How's Harry?" He seemed to be in a good mood.

"Uh, Harry is good, he's fine. He actually doesn't know I'm here." I said as I sat on the couch. Daniel came back into the living room with two bottles of beer, my favorite kind to be exact.

"I thought you hated Clover," I said as I popped the cap off and took a drink. Daniel shrugged before doing the same.

"It grew on me." He smiled. I returned the smile before Daniel brought up Harry.

"So, why doesn't Harry know you're here?"

"Uh, it's a long story," I began.

"I'd like to hear this one." He chuckled.

"I got a job,"

"Oh good for you!" Daniel cut me off with a pat to the back.

"But I got fired on the first day."

"What? How?" Daniel asked.

"Harry's job burnt down and he called me while I was on break... I told my boss it was an emergency.... He didn't care he just fired me." I sighed. I didn't want to remember that day, it was one of the hardest days I've ever had in my life.

"Did u have a contract?" He asked. I shook my head.

"I was just a receptionist."

"Niall, every job has something for you to sign."

"It wasn't anything big."

"But it's not nothing." He rolled his eyes. I sighed and nodded, he was right. Daniel was the lawyer, not me.

"Look, here's the deal. I need help getting that job back. The thing is, when Harry lost his job, he was so upset, but what got him through it was thinking that I had a job still. Daniel, Harry and I are going to lose the house if we don't get something going. We're so behind on bills and ... I just..." I sighed again, I didn't know what to say or how to say it.

"So he thinks you still have a job?" Daniel asked. I nodded my head.

"Yes. I've been looking for other jobs but I can't find any and I can't keep lying to him."

"You do lie a lot." Daniel chuckled.

"Shut up." I spit.

"Okay, I'll help you. But I need to see all the papers you've signed for this job."

"My old boss has them."

"And he's probably thrown them away by now," he mumbled to himself.

"New plan. We'll just wing it?" Daniel said with a shrug of his shoulders.