{2}

Niall

I woke up with Bambi cuddled into my side and Molly laying on my chest. I looked over and saw that Harry had already left for work. I also noticed that not only were the candles blown out, the lights were back on too.

I knew I had to get up and get Bambi ready for school, look for another school for Oliver and then on top of that, apply for another job. Just that alone made me a little stressed out already.

"Daddy?" Bambi's soft voice asked.

I looked down at her.

"Yes, Princess?"

"Does Oliver really have to leave school?"

I nodded.

"I'm afraid so."

She pouted and reached out to pet Molly. She purred and that made Bambi giggle.

"But who's gonna protect me from the mean kids?"

You've got to be fucking kidding me!

"Are you telling me that Oliver was actually protecting you?"

She nodded then proceeded to tell me that this kid named Alex--a kid Oliver has had fights with--had pushed her to the floor which was why Oliver would hit him.

"Can I go to a different school like him, daddy?"

I wish I could tell her yes. I really wanted to. I couldn't bear the thought of anyone putting their hands on my daughter, but before I could give her an answer, the alarm, that was set to get the kids up and ready for school, went off.

I sighed then said, "Go wake your brother, Princess."

She slid out of the bed and slowly walked out of the room. Molly had jumped off me and followed after her. She adored the twins and to be honest, when we brought them home from the hospital six years ago, Harry and I were afraid Molly wouldn't adjust to the kids well since they would almost be taking her place as our baby. But she loved them. She absolutely adores them...well, she loves Bambi more. Oliver likes to mess with her a lot.

I slowly sat up in bed and rubbed my hand up my face. Today was gonna be a long day.

**

I walked into the school with Bambi and headed to the principal's office; Oliver was out in the car and now that I think about it, that's a bad parentin decision.

"Daddy, do I have to tell her?" she asked as we arrived at the school office.

"Yes. I won't tolerate anyone pushing you and I sure as hell know that your dad won't either. You're our little princess."

Bambi gave me a little smile before Mrs. Carter's office door opened. She seemed surprised to see me but at the same time, she also looked like she wished she was anywhere else. I swear I knew her office like the back of my hand.

"Good morning, Mr. Styles. What a pleasure to see you," she said as she let Bambi and I into her office.

It was probably a lie, but I wasn't gonna call her out on it.