T W E N T Y-O N E.

Z A R A

+

I Quickly jolted up from the bed. Stefan's angered face was etched into my conscience. It made a small tear run down my cheek just thinking about him. The dream was blurry but I could see everything so clear.

"Zara?"Stefan asked. He made small steps towards me as I stood there confused. What would he be doing here? Did he finally come to seek me out realizing that he still loves me.

It was pitch dark & the only thing I could see was his beautiful chiseled face. His expression was unreadable. Once he was in front of me a smile broke out onto his face & he cupped my cheeks.

"I'm madly in love with you Zara. I wish you never left."His voice said. He leaned, trying to connect our lips but I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. My eyes shot open in terror. My eyes met his & I watched him in shock. He had a pained expression on his face. Did I cause this?

"Stefan what are you doing?"I asked. My voice strained & I was clutching my stomach, trying to stop the blood.

"That's how it felt when you left." He whispered in my ear. He slowly pushed a strand of my hair behind my ear & gave me a small peck on my forehead.

He spun around with the bloody knife in his hand while I laid there on the ground clutching my stomach.

Is this supposed to mean something? I haven't been to mystic falls in 4 years. I haven't seen him in 4 years. How would I know if he's alive? Does he even care about me? I walked out on everybody & I now know no one is going to forgive me for it.

not even Stefan.

I stumbled out of my bed, searching for my phone that was supposed to be on the small couch in the room. I quickly kneeled down in front of the couch, grabbing my phone.

Should I call him? I'm such a love sick puppy. He's probably moved on with his life & I'm just here having traumatizing dreams about him. I'm not supposed to be hung up on a guy like this.

But here's the thing Stefan is not just a guy to me.

I went through my contacts searching for his name. I haven't called him in so long, he's not even on my recents anymore. A small smile grew on my face when I saw the picture that was attached to his number. It was picture of me & him lying in bed together.

I remember that day like it was yesterday.

I tapped his number holding the phone up to my ear. I slowly turned around resting my back on the couch. I was nervous, my hands were shaking & I wasn't sure if he'd even want to talk to me.

My eyes scanned over a Starbucks coffee on my side table that had a note attached to it. I slowly crawled over in curiosity while the phone was still ringing.

I grabbed the note knowing who it was from : your favorite. Meet me outside in the garden. We need to talk. -elijah

I scoffed at the note & grabbed the drink. It was still hot signifying that he recently dropped this off in my room. I'm not speaking to him right now. Every time I talk to him & klaus they make me feel like shit. The keep reminding me of how I'm a horrible person that abandon her family.

"Zara?" His voice sounded so unfamiliar to me. Butterflies erupted in my stomach & I dropped my hot coffee in my lap.

"Shit." I hissed. The hot sensation didn't affect me it was that I was freaking wet...while speaking to him. I quickly hanged up, being a fucking coward. I wasn't expecting him to pick up. What was I supposed to say.

Hey it's me Zara, do you still think about me? Sorry for being a bitch & leaving.

I sat there on the hard ground I lifted my coffee cup towards my mouth, finishing the remainder of contents.

Maybe I should go to mystic falls. I don't know. Everybody there was my friend, it's just that my whole life was a lie to everyone. I kept holding in secrets. I never really told them who I really was.

Except for maybe Damon.

I reached under my bed & grabbed my suitcase.

Maybe I am gonna go.

A/N: The end.