I took the card out of my pocket, which looked brand new might I add. I took a deep breath before I dialed the number, while slipping the card back into my pocket.

Ring

Ring

Ring

Ring

No one's going to answer, I should just hang up.

"Hello Avey, you called sooner then I had expected to." I was stunned silent. I didn't know what to say. "So, how about tomorrow we go to the Tiger Stripped Cafe, and talk more hmm?"

Finally finding my voice. "You put a blocking spell on yourself, you let the others see one thing, but me another. Why?"

There was a pause. "I will explain everything tomorrow when we meet, Avey. For now its goodbye."

"Alright, fine. I'll see you tomorrow." I ended the call before she could say anything else.

I looked down at my watch to see that it's 10:00pm. I wrap the blanket closer around my body, and made my way into the living room. I curled up, and started to think about how much shit I'm going to be in when I get back home. I mean I know it was stupid and a mistake, but I wanted answers. Plus everyone thought I was crazy! What else could I have done? Well maybe not run away in the middle of a storm. Ya I'm an idiot.

~~~~~

I wake up to birds chirping outside the window. I snap open my eyes, to see sunlight coming in through the window.

Well shit.

I take the blanket off of me, and stretch. Fully awake now, and not cold, I open the bag and take out the jacket in there and put it on. I then dig out my wallet, and shoved it back into my inside jacket pocket. I make sure that the dagger was still on me. I closed the bag, put it on my back, then made my way to the front door.

I walk down the path, and walk towards the city. I hope I still have luck on my side, and hoping Cross gave up searching for me. I was walking faster than normal, putting distance between me and the house.

Before I knew it, I was on the edge of the city. I quickly walk past the diner and hope that Jill hasn't gone to work yet. Everyone knew where the Tiger Stripped Cafe is, it's one of the hang out points for Nats. But that doesn't mean everyone else didn't know where it was. It was close to the school, so a lot of times people went there for lunch. The only time it's okay for humans to go there is when it's a school day, if it's not then you get looked at funny.

I look up at the brick building with a window front. Paint splatter all over the outer walls, but it only draws you in. I cross the street, and head towards the cafe.

I open the door and the smell of coffee hits me instantly, everyone turns their head and looks my way. Whispers, and glares were thrown my way, but I could give two shits what these people think. I was here for answers. I make my way to a corner table and sat down. Everyone was still looking at me.

Someone walks out of the back room, I turned my head to see who it was. Low and behold, it was the reason why I was here. She made her way to my table, and smiled down at me.
"Good morning Avey, and how are you on this fine day?" She asked me. I still don't know this ladys name, so I'll just refer to her as Pinkey.

"I'm good thanks, how about you?" Deciding begin nice was better than rude.

"Fine thank you, how about we go somewhere more... private?"

I nod my head and get up to follow her to the back room. I could feel everyone's eyes on the back of my head, as I followed her through the back door. Once behind the door, I relaxed, a little. Pinkey lead me down the dark colored hall. She took a couple of turns before stopping at a door, she opened it and walked in, I followed in after.