Hum… I smelled pancakes. Yummy!

My mom was on the kitchen making breakfast.

“Good morning sweetie!”

“Morning, mom,” I said hugging her.

When the food was ready, we sat and talked. She told me about her work at the hospital and I babbled about school. When we were finished she told me that she needed to work today.

“I’m sorry I can’t spend the day with you, honey.” Honestly, I wasn’t sad, because today is going to be a long day – I need to talk to Leah and tell Oliver the news.

“That’s ok, mom. I need to catch up with Leah anyway. She’s been busy lately with the photography club.” That wasn’t a lie. Leah was in the photography club, so twice a week she needed to go to the meetings.

“Ok, I’ll try to get home early, bye!”

After she left I went to the living room and turned on the TV. I decided I was in the mood for MTV. I didn’t take long till I fell asleep in the couch. When I woke up it was nearly 2 p.m., so I decided to go to Leah’s before she would come looking for me saying how bad I am for letting her curious about my talk to Oliver.

This time, when I rang the bell, she answered the door. Thank god, I thought. I didn’t know if I was ready to face Adrian just yet.

Leah hugged me and asked how I was. I said I was fine e we both went to her room. Once there, there was no way to hold back the storm, “tell me everything” she begged.

“He’s going back to Ireland’, I told her.

“What?” It seems like everybody have the same reaction to that announcement. Well, everybody except Adrian, of course.

“He’s leaving tomorrow.”

“So soon? What happened?” she asked.

“It has something to do with his father’s work.”

“Oh my god, Vicky. I’m so sorry.” She offered.

“It’s ok. I’m not that bad. I think I didn’t like him that much after all.”

“Well, I’m glad to hear that, because that last thing I need right now is a depressed BFF.” After that I tried to change the subject, talking about some projects to school. After a while we went to the kitchen to eat something.

We made tuna sandwiches and were eating when something crossed my mind. What if Adrian tells Leah what happened? I better ask him not to mention anything.

“Where’s Adrian?” I needed to talk to him.

“He said something about a pool party, but with Adrian we can never be sure.” And I had to agree with that.

“What do you think about watch some TV?” Leah asked.

“Sounds good to me.”

We still hadn’t decided what to watch when Adrian arrived. I was a little nervous, but tried not to show.

“Hello, girls.” As usual, he kissed both our foreheads and sat between us, stealing the remote from Leah’s hand.

“How was your party?” Leah asked.

His smile said that he was thinking about private memories. I bet there were girls all over him and he obvious took advantage of that.

“Not so bad.” He finally said, still grinning. Geez, where all the sluts come from?

Leah and I rolled our eyes. Adrian just laughed and put the TV on the weather channel.

“Oh, came on Adrian!”