Chapter 10

Ron was ecstatic when we found out Krum is a Dumstrang student and will be participating the tournament. "He's just a Quidditch player." Hermione rolled her eyes. "That's something you'll never understand, Hermione." Harry said. Later on, Dumbledore explained the impartial judge of the tournament who will be picking the champion is a Goblet; all you have to do is put your name in it. 

Harry, Ron, Hermione and I went to the Great Hall extra early the next day, to see if who's going to put their name in. "Done!" a voice that made my heart squeezed said. We turned around, Fred and George showing everyone the flask in their hand. "What are those?" Ron asked. "That, my brother." George said smugly, "It's an Aging Potion." "Nothing is stopping us from entering the competition. We're turning sixteen soon anyway." Fred said, jumping up and down excitingly. I laughed, I'm pretty sure Dumbledore won't allow this to happen. "Cheers!" The twins cheered and gulped down the potion. Fred walked right up to the Goblet with everyone's eyes on him. For a second, nothing happened, George let out a victorious yell and joined Fred. Next moment, both twins were threw across the hall by an invisible force, landed painfully on the cold stoned floor and when they grumpily got up, long white beard sprouted across their faces. I burst out laughing as Hermione mumbled, "Idiots." 

When we entered the candle lit Hall in the evening, everyone is talking and guessing who the champions will be. "Alv," George whispered, whose face is now cleanly shaven. "Yea?" I replied. "You've been staring at my brother a lot lately." he smirked. I feel my face heat up in a split second, was I that obvious?! I decided to play dumb. "Ron? Ha, he's my best friend." George shook his head, "I meant Fred " I kicked his legs under the table, "I do NOT fancy him." I snorted. He put his arms up in defense, "I didn't say that." He smiled teasingly and leaned in, "Look, don't worry. I won't tell him." I huffed, "He probably already know that...and doesn't feel the same way." Those words made me frowned uncontrollably. "Nah. I don't think so." said George. "What do you mean?" I asked suspiciously, fear and excitement bubbling inside me. "You see, Fred and I are twins, but that doesn't mean we have equal intelligence. I, for sure is the smarter one." He grinned, "For example, one day we went to Honeydukes..." "Just get to the point already." I said impatiently. He laughed and continued, "What I was trying to say was, Fred was too dumb to realize you like him...and he likes you,too!" George concluded. My jaw dropped, the butterflies in my stomach went bananas. "You're saying this as if you're a love expert." I said, trying to sound as calm as possible. "I might not be one, but at least I won't deny my feelings like you two do." He replied. I sighed, he's partially right, I don't know about Fred; but yes, I've been in denial for my feelings. I glanced at Fred, who is engaged in a brisk conversation with Angelina Johnson, his eyes glistening in the dark. An uneasy feeling flooded my stomach...is that jealousy? I am really falling for him. 

"Well, the goblet is almost ready to make its decision," said Dumbledore. "Now, when the champions' names are called, I would ask them please to come up to the top of the Hall and go through into the next chamber" - he indicated the door behind the staff table - "where they will be receiving their first instructions." The Goblet of Fire now shone more brightly than ever in the whole Hall, the sparkling bright, bluey-whiteness of the flames almost painful to watch. The flames inside the goblet turned suddenly red again. Next moment, a piece of parchment fluttered out of it - the whole room gasped. Dumbledore caught the piece of parchment and read out loud "The champion for Durmstrang," he read, in a strong, clear voice, "will be Viktor Krum." "No surprises there!" yelled Ron as a storm of applause and cheering swept the Hall. The clapping and chatting died down. Now everyone's attention was focused again on the goblet, which, seconds later, turned red once more. A second piece of parchment shot out of it, propelled by the flames. "The champion for Beauxbatons," said Dumbledore, "is Fleur Delacour!" I saw a very attractive girl stood up, and as she walked pass the table, boys started staring and drooling over her. And the Goblet of Fire turned red once more; sparks showered out of it; the tongue of flame shot high into the air, and from its tip Dumbledore pulled the third piece of parchment.

"The Hogwarts champion," he called, "is Cedric Diggory!"

No! " said Ron loudly, but nobody heard him except me; the uproar from the next table was too great. Every single Hufflepuff had jumped to his or her feet, screaming and stamping, as Cedric made his way past them, grinning broadly, and looked around the Great Hall; he saw me and smiled brighter. I cheered and clapped for him, ignoring the fact that some Gryffindors are glaring at me. The applause for Cedric went on so long that it was some time before Dumbledore could make himself heard again. "Excellent!" Dumbledore called happily as at last the tumult died down. "Well, we now have our three champions. I am sure I can count upon all of you, including the remaining students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, to give your champions every ounce of support you can muster. By cheering your champion on, you will contribute in a very real --" But Dumbledore suddenly stopped speaking, and it was apparent to everybody what had distracted him.

The fire in the goblet had just turned red again. Sparks were flying out of it. A long flame shot suddenly into the air, and borne upon it was another piece of parchment. Automatically, it seemed, Dumbledore reached out a long hand and seized the parchment. He held it out and stared at the name written upon it. There was a long pause, during which Dumbledore stared at the slip in his hands, and everyone in the room stared at Dumbledore. And then Dumbledore cleared his throat and read out - "Harry Potter."