Chapter 3

I wake up to hear David putting away his tent. I get up and get out of my tent. I stretch and start to take down my tent. I roll it up and tie it with the rope. I put it on my horse's saddle. I put my blanket and pillow in the larger saddle bag.

"I'm going to leave to find some breakfast."

"Wait a minute princess, you don't need to leave. I already caught a fish for us to eat. You were asleep for a while."

"Okay. Then I will get the flint from my bag to light a fire."

I walk over to get the flint from the bag. Once I get it I walk back and hand it to David who is sitting in front of the fire pit with a cooking stand he made over the fire.

I put the fish on the stick on top and set it back down on the stand. David finishes lighting the fire.

We both sit back and wait for the fish to cook before we turn it.

Our trip has probably gotten longer because of the detour we need to take to get the full book. I've already looked through the one we have and it said near the end that contact information was in the other book. Once we get that one we will know where to go next.

The fish cooked long enough on that side so I flip it over. It may not be like what we have in the castle but it is still food.

"Princess?"

"Yes?"

"Do you know when the tournaments will start today?"

"I think about mid-day. This will give us time to travel. But we most certainly won't be back in time for jousting today."

"That's for sure."

The fish finished cooking. David has a small knife in a sleeve on his belt next to his sword which I think he didn't need. David cut the fish and grabbed a flat piece of bark. He whipped the bark off and put the fish on it.

"Don't eat the skin."

I take a bite. It is good even if it was cooking in its own fat.

David takes a bite out of his. We both are silent as we eat. We finish eating and we both throw are bark away. David gets up. He comes back with the map book in his hand.

"If we keep traveling north then we should hit the lake soon. Why don't we leave now?"

"Yes, I think we should leave too. Do you know your directions?"

"No, but can you tell where north is?"

I look up at were the sun was rising the sun always rises in the east and sets in the west.

"That way is north." I say while pointing my finger in that direction."

"Then get on and we'll get going."

I get on my horse. I get in front of David and lead the way north non-stop so we don't lose direction especially at mid-day.

**********

I walk down to breakfast alone because my husband is already there.

Everyone in the room stands for my entry. Once I sit next to my husband everyone sits.

I look around to see the people here. Two seats are empty. They are Prince

David's and Rose's chairs. I'm not worried about Rose because I know she is in her room with Mary.

David I'm a little more worried about. He is one of our four knights jousting today. I hope he just overslept.

"Arthur?" I say towards David's father. He looked towards me.