Chapter 33: Fly Away

Start from the beginning

"It's fine. Can you please help me?" I ask.

"That's why I stayed over in the first place," Michael answers. He stands up and walks over to me. "How are we doing this?"

"I was hoping you could zap me into the bathroom," I explain, swinging my legs carefully from the stack of pillows to the edge of the couch. He leans his head down and I throw my arms around his neck, letting him pull me up until I'm standing next to him.

"Alright, hold on tight," he says. I wrap my arms around his waist and shift all of my weight to my right leg, unintentionally causing me to lean into him. With a snap and a force into empty space, we appear in the bathroom right in front of the sink. Michael unlatches himself from me and flicks on the light.

"You don't need me to stay in here while you go, do you?" Michael questions.

"No, I'm good," I reply.

"Okay. I'll wait outside," he tells me and walks out of the bathroom, shutting the door behind him.

Quickly as I can with an injured foot, I do my business and I realize that I'm still in the same clothes from today. Now, I don't know about you, but I can't sleep in clothes that I wear during the day, unless I'm super tired like I was earlier. I need pajamas or at least some comfortable material and I doubt I'm going to fall back to sleep now if I don't change.

Finishing up, I hobble to the sink and wash my hands, not even bothering to glance at my reflection because it's past midnight and no one gives a fuck what I look like. Michael's actually seen me in a worse sight so really, I have nothing to hide. I dry my hands and open the door to find him sitting on the floor.

"I hate to do this, but can you zap me to my room?" I ask while he stands up. Michael sighs and reluctantly spreads his arms out, taking a step closer to me. Turning off the light, I resume the position we had before and the zapping process starts all over again.

This time, my bed comes into sight through the darkness and again, Michael's the one to flip on the light. I turn around and slide open my dresser drawer, finding one of my favorite pairs of pajamas. I'm about to remove my pants when I notice him perched on the edge of my bed. I've changed in front of him before but everything's different now and for some reason, I'm slightly nervous.

"Mikey," I say and he shifts his head to look at me.

"Yeah?"

"I, uh, I need to change," I explain, hoping he'll get the hint. But of course, he doesn't.

"Yeah..."

"I mean, um, alone. I'm sorry, I...now that I know, it just doesn't fee-"

"Oh," Michael responds. "Okay, then I'll wait in the hall again." I watch as he exits my room and I feel bad for banishing him, but it just doesn't feel right. I've never been uncomfortable around him, but yeah, you get what I'm trying to say.

Starting with my pants, I take them off and slip on my fuzzy pair, the soft material soothing me as it comes in contact with my skin. I rip off my shirt and unclasp my bra because let's be honest, bras are very annoying to sleep in. Throwing on my loose pajama t-shirt, I grab my dirty clothes and toss them in my hamper, staggering to my bed.

"Okay, you can come back in," I yell quietly to Michael, trying not to wake up my parents. Thankfully, he hears me and reenters, spotting me lying on my bed.

"I'm guessing you're not going back downstairs," he points out.

"Yeah, but on the bright side, you don't have to zap me anymore tonight," I reply, getting comfortable.