Chapter seven: Tunnel Vision

Start from the beginning

Harry’s demeanor changed for a split second. His perfect mouth set into a deep frown, and he let out a short, disappointed sigh. However, as soon as it had happened it was gone, his facial expression back to normal. He smiled a little, almost sadly, shrugging. “I don’t know.”

He faced the TV again, and I took my chance to redeem myself. But what had made him look like that? Did I give him the wrong answer? “Well, I mean, I don’t really care, Haz. I don’t pay much attention.” I chose my words carefully, trying to read his face. “Haz?”

“I hear you, Boo.” Harry sat up suddenly, standing up from the couch and stretching. The edge of his shirt rose as he raised his arms, showing off the dark blue Calvin Klein boxers that hung low on his hips.

I bit my lip, squirming uncomfortably. “Harry,” I squeaked. My head started swimming. I had the dying urge to reach out and yank down his shorts. “Pull up your pants, please.”

“Right,” he mumbled quietly, hiking his pants halfway up his stomach and rubbing the back of his neck. He walked around the couch, appearing to make a beeline for the refrigerator. My food was his, now. When I went to the store, I made sure to get the things he liked as well as mine.

I barely caught Harry’s next words, but I’d strained my ears enough for them. “Forgot that you were a bum guy.”

                                                                                                ~~~

   Harry planned on staying the night again. We had school in the morning, and I’d tried telling him that his mum would be worried, but Harry refused. ‘she understands’, he said. ‘she won’t be worried’, he said. But that was fine. I didn’t want him to leave.

I’d been watching TV practically all evening, and Harry was either in the bathroom or in my room. I trusted him with my stuff. What did I have, anyway? A few pictures of my hardly-known sisters at birth were all that really appealed to me.

I flipped through channels, over and over again, and then I heard it. I heard a deep voice emitting from down the hall, words forming song lyrics in my ears.

It was Harry.

Harry was singing.

And of course I was drawn to it.

I followed the voice into the bedroom, where Harry was stepping around, staring at random specks on the wall as he sang. I stood in the doorway, mesmerized, not wanting to disrupt him. His eyes lit up when he spotted me, but that didn’t stop him.

(A/N, skip to 0:27 if you need an idea of how this sounds!)

Don't know why, but boy, I'm feeling close to you
Maybe is this ocean view, I'm so emotional
And all these thoughts been dancing on my head
Too long, too long, too long!
I wrote a song for you, I wanna sing to you
And every time I'm close to you
The words wanna come out, but I forget
It's so strong, it's so strong, it's so strong!

I smiled slightly, noticing his word change. It went from girl to boy. I stepped further into the room, leaning against the wall beside the door frame.

It might seem like I’m catching something?
That’s because it’s true
I can't deny it, I won't try it
But I think that you know!
I look around and everything I see is beautiful
‘Cause all I see is you!
And I can't deny it, and I stand by it
And I won't hide it in my heart

A crowded room anywhere
A million people around all I see is you
And then everything just disappears, disappears, disappears, disappears
Yeah, a million people in a crowded room
But my camera lenses only get set to zoom
And it all becomes so clear, comes so clear, becomes so clear!

He stepped closer to me, raising his eyebrows as he sang the chorus.

I got that tunnel vision for you
I got, I got that tunnel vision for you
I only see you!
I got that tunnel vision for you
I got, I got that tunnel vision for you
I only see you!

I blushed, my feet taking me even further to him. I smiled weakly, my stomach churning too much for me to process any thoughts.

“T-trying to serenade me?” I stammered, smirking.

Harry started humming the tune of the song, moving directly in front of me. “It depends,” he whispered. His hands settled on my hips, causing me to freeze. He pulled me flush against him. “Is it working?”

I could only nod. He grinned and continued.

Now that I know the truth, what am I supposed to do?
Been changing up and breaking all my rules ever since we met
I'm so gone, I'm so gone, I'm so gone
Just like the movie shoot, I'm zooming in on you
Everything is extra in the background, just fades into the set
As we ride off into the sun

He faltered, looking down at where his hands were. He moved them further back and then down some before he started swaying them. He was swaying my hips with his hands – side to side, slowly.

I let my eyes close, placing my hands on his shoulders and exhaling deeply. He started singing again, but it was shaking the tiniest bit.

It might seem like I’m catching something?
That’s because it’s true
I can't deny it, I won't try it
But I think that you know!
I look around and everything I see is beautiful
‘Cause all I see is you!
And I can't deny it, and I stand by it
And I won't hide it in my heart

A crowded room anywhere
A million people around all I see is you
And then everything just disappears, disappears, disappears, disappears
Yeah, a million people in a crowded room
But my camera lenses only get set to zoom
And it all becomes so clear, comes so clear, becomes so clear!

I got that tunnel vision for you
I got, I got that tunnel vision for you
I only see you!
I got that tunnel vision for you
I got, I got that tunnel vision for you

Harry’s forehead connected with mine. His grip had tightened on my hips; they were still moving though. He stayed absolutely still. He finished out the song in a murmur:

I only…see…you…

“H-Har-Harry,” I started, clutching his shirt. I barely trusted what was coming out of my mouth. He shushed me, but I ignored it. My hips gradually stopped moving. “That was amazing. I d-didn’t know you–”

“Shh, Louis.”

“–sang. It was perfect. Why that song, though?”

“Louis, shut up.” Harry squeezed my sides and I decided it’d be better to stop. His breath was hot on my face; trembling, too. His hands slipped down further, wavering near my bum like he couldn’t decide. My breath caught in my throat as I waited for whatever he was going to do.

He pulled away completely, and my arms flew around his back to keep him against me. “Harry. Harry, stay,” I begged.

“I wasn’t going anywhere,” he assured me. His hands stayed at his sides, still as if he were scared to touch me. Like I was.

I realized exactly what the tension was.

Sexual tension.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK. Really...different chapter here! So I got my first comment...I'm trying to keep from blowing a fuse; I'm so excited about it. I updated for ya!!! Thank you, though, so so much :D anyhow, enjoy the chapter! Comment if you like it!

I really like this song... :P>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thank you <3

~Amaya