22// REST IN PIECES

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO; REST IN PIECES

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO;
REST IN PIECES

THE FINAL CHAPTER

She's running, running so fast her lungs feel like they're on fire and her feet feel like they might fall off.

She knew that it might come to this, she knew that no matter what she did, she couldn't fix everything. She couldn't protect everyone. This is how it all ends.

Her arm is still burning from the fresh open wounds that cover her right shoulder, caused by Scott only moments ago when he pushed her out of the way as the black vans speed towards them.

Jaelyn and Scott had been walking back to the High School gym when two black vans had come barreling towards them out of nowhere. The bright lights of the vans had nearly made contact with Jaelyn before Scott pushed her out of the way, she hit the ground hard.

Jaelyn had then watched from the dirt as Scott leaped onto the hood of the van as it screeched to a halt, his face shifting to look more wolf than human.

Then Scott took off, but not before he could get a good look at the man driving one of the vans. Chris Argent, who was suppose to be in jail.

As Scott disappeared on all fours, looking like a oversized wolf running into the night, Jaelyn picked herself off of the asphalt, frozen in her tracks.

Chris Argent opened the door of the van, and quickly made his way towards Jaelyn.

"Where is he!" Chris demanded, grabbing forcefully onto Jaelyn's undamaged arm.

"You're-you're," Jaelyn stuttered, shaking as she spoke.

"I'm what?" Chris asked, "suppose to be in jail? I made bail a couple hours ago. This has gone too far Jaelyn, you need to tell me where Scott went."

Jaelyn rolled her eyes, "even if I knew where he went, I wouldn't tell you."

The man's grip on Jaelyn's arm tightened, "you're coming with me to find him, even if you don't know where he went we can still use you as bait."

Jaelyn gasped, tears welling in her eyes, "what are you going to do when you find him?"

Chris scoffed, "that's depends on what he does until then, who he hurts."

"Scott would never hurt anyone," Jaelyn defended.

"Maybe not the human part of Scott, but Scott isn't human anymore. You should've told me about him when you had the chance, we could've helped you."