:Chapter 8 ~ Convincing:

A/N - WHO WANTS CORAL SCREAMING IN EVERYBODY'S FACES THIS CHAPTER? OH YOU DONT WANT IT? THEN YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT, CUZ ITS GONNA HAPPEN!!! I'm weird...

-Right After the Last Chapter-

Coral's PoV
(Remember how I said 'this whole story is in third person'? WELL SCREW THAT, IM DOIN POVS.)

I said yes to a date. FROM A PRINCE. What would mother say? She'd send Flotsam and Jetsam after me. I'd never be able to touch the isle (she lives underwater) in months, but Mal's mother doesn't seem to care. But she's the size of her heart, so she's... Teeny. But chad is so... Handsome. DID I SAY THAT? NO NO NO NO NO. I'M GETTING SOFT! I SHOULD BE A STONE COLD KILLER, BUT- but I'm not... My mother-.. She made her choice... Now I make mine..

FIGHT IT CORAL!

I CANT!

YOU'RE FALLING FOR A PRINCE!

I KNOW, WHATS WRONG WITH ME?

JUMP INTO THE OCEAN AND LEAVE!

I'll just try to keep my cool...

I walked up to a random person with a sweet smile. "Excuse me, do you have a pool here?"

"Um, actually, kind of? We have the enchanted lake, and there's Ariel's Cove, it's a pool especially made for Ariel and her sea creatures, though sometimes she lets people use it."

"Ariel's Cove? No thanks, I'll go through the enchanted lake, thank you." I put on a fake smile and headed off.

-At the Enchanted Lake-

I dipped my feet into the cool lake water, splashed in, and gave a sigh of relief, I was glad to be somewhere close to my watery domain. I willed myself to grow my tentacles (ew), like long strands from a dress surrounding my legs until they were gone.

"Coral?" A voice asked.

I turned around. "What- where-"

"Peekaboo!" Kandee came out from behind a tree. "Whatcha doing?"

"Things."

"You could choose good you know." She took her shoes off, sat on the edge of the gazebo, and dipped her feet into the water.

"Not this again.."

"Sorry, sorry.. You wanna talk about something else? What's on your mind?"

Kandee was my best friend, sure we were total opposites, but opposites attract, right? Kandee's like my sister, and- I'm getting sappy. I confessed everything- the talk with Mal, the date with Chad.

"And you said yes?"

"Ugh, I dunno! He.. He piqued my interest.. I.. I guess I kinda like him...?"

"NO!" Kandee gasped.

"Maybe?"

SHE DIDNT SCREAM IN ANYONE'S FACE THIS TIME!!!

That's all Ladies and Gentlemen, have a nice day. *tips hat*

~Em