Chapter 22: The invitation

Malfoy and I walk inside the Great Hall. This times us sitting at the Slytherin table. "How I missed this," Draco says putting his feet up. I didn't miss this. The Gryffindors were much friendlier. Well obviously. I looked over at the Gryffindor table longingly, watching Rowena and Arabella sit down next to Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Harry smiled as Rowena sat down next to him. "So, Dragone." Malfoy said drawing my attention away from Harry and Rowena. "Yeah?" I said. "I've been thinking, Christmas break is in a few days, you should come spend it with my family. You know, it could be fun." He said. "That sounds great Draco! I'd love to." I grinned. He laughed, "We'll take the Hogwarts express together, Thursday then? He asked. "Of course." I said. When we finished, we both stood up and walked towards the doorway of the Great Hall. Hermione rushed up to us. "What do you want mudblood?" Draco asked angrily about to take out his wand. "Nothing from you Malfoy." She answered annoyed. "I want to be speak to Anna. Privately." Malfoy walked away muttering to himself. "I wanted to see, well, Harry doesn't have anywhere to go for Christmas, so I was wondering  if you'd like to stay at Hogwarts with us?" She asked. My expression softened. "Hermione, I'd love to, but Draco just invited me to his place. I can't just tell him "no" now when I already told him "yes" a few minutes prior to this conversation. I'm sorry." I smiled guiltily. "I understand Anna. It's alright. Rowena and Arabella said they would stay anyways." She walked off. That made me feel worse. They were replacing me? I walked over to Malfoy, who was laughing with two Slytherin boys. He looked up when he saw me. "Let's go." I said to him. "What did she want?" He asked. "Wanted to know if I could stay at Hogwarts with them for Christmas." I said. "With Potter? You said "no" right?" He asked. "Obviously, I already told you "yes"!" I said annoyed that he was doubting me. We walked the rest of the way in silence. I was wondering what his house looked like. It was probably big. I couldn't wait.