Chapter 12: The golden quartet

Next was Charms. I took a seat and played with my hair, wrapping it around my fingers. After a while a girl sat down next to me.

"Hello." She said.

"Hey," I replied. "I'm Hermione Granger. Nice to meet you!" She smiled.

"I'm Anna. Anna Dragone."

"Are you going to try out for the Quidditch team?" I asked.

"Me? No. I'm horrible at Quidditch." She laughed.

"Oh, well I'm thinking of trying out for Chaser."

She smiled again. "Well good luck." She said.
"I don't need any luck. But thanks." I grinned.

Then Professor Flitwick arrived and class begun. He took his wand, and feathers flew to each student. We were to practice the levitation charm.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" said Hermione and her feather floated up by her head.

"Brilliant!" I smiled. "Thanks! I've been practicing all during the summer holidays." She replied.

I laughed. After class we walked to the Great Hall together for dinner. "Hey you're not bad for a Gryffindor." I said.

"You too. For a Slytherin." We agreed to sit together during dinner. As Hermione and I walked into the Great Hall, we came across a problem. "Where do we sit? We can't sit at the Slytherin table or Malfoy will have a fit and I doubt your table will approve of a Slytherin so..." I trailed off.

"It's fine. We'll sit with Harry and Ron. They won't mind." I was nervous but I agreed.

I took a seat next to Hermione and we chatted for a bit. I told her about me coming from America to come to Hogwarts and we laughed when I told her about the dungbomb. A couple Gryffindors stared, but most were too caught up in their own conversations to notice. After a bit, Harry and Ron sat down.

"Hello Hermione and... Hermione's friend?" questioned Ron.

"Oh, I'm Anna. Nice to meet you. I loved your potion today." Ron laughed.

"Thanks Mate. It was all Harry's though. Let him take the credit." I laughed.

"No Ron! I told you three frog legs, and you added four!" I knew an argument was coming so I sat back to watch the new entertainment.

"Enough, you two!" Hermione interrupted. "I'm trying to introduce you to my friend, Anna."

"Yeah, great way to handle a first impression."

"Well I'm Harry, and this is Ron." said Harry.

We started talking about stuff like how greasy Snape's hair is and how funny it was when Seamus blew up his feather in Charms. After a while I noticed a boy looking at my tie.

"Wait, aren't you a Slytherin?" he asked.

"Yes she is and why the bloody hell do you care?" said Ron. I blushed, surprised that he stood up for me like that. After a minute of him looking at Ron in surprise, the boy went back to talking with his friends. I had an amazing evening with my new friends. When most of the students had left for their dormitories we were still talking and laughing away. But after awhile we parted and promised to meet back tomorrow.