She's Tolerable

It was already the next morning and I had called Lauren, not even sure if she genuinely liked me.

She could've still been at Dinah's house or with Camila doing who knows what, but she did pick up the phone.

"Hey, who is this? Is this Mani?" She said with a sarcastic gasp, chuckling to herself.

Mani, a nickname. I'll let it pass.

"Yes, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out today?" I said, gritting my teeth.

A pause on the other line.

"Of course I would Mani, does this mean we can be friends?" She asked, probably pouting her lips on the other line.

I took a deep breathe and thought it through.

"Yes, it means we can be friends. My address is 569 Hamilton street, pick me up in a few?" I asked, and hung up.

I haven't made a new friend in years. This is going to be awkward, I hope Dinah isn't mad about me hanging out with Lauren.

But it does seem like there's something going on between Camila and Dinah. But that's none of my business.

I put the dirty dishes in the sink, watching the pile slowly build up in the last few days.

The lights were never turned on in the house, because I didn't want to waste power. I need to get a job, to pay for everything.

And all the work from school, I already have a lab report to type up, and a few projects. I don't deal with stress well, I buckle under pressure.

Arielle somehow finds the money every few months to pay for taxes but she's older than me, and is going to be an adult soon.

My bet is on she is going to leave me in this house.

A few minutes passed of me pacing around the kitchen, and then I heard the banging on the door.

Looking through the window, I see Lauren in a non casual outfit while I'm wearing a fucking crop top and booty shorts. My usual day attire.

I open the door, hoping she didn't see me creeping on her, and stood there just staring at her. I was more of the sublet type, letting my eyes glance every few seconds and then come back up to meet hers, but she didn't even try to cover it.

Her mouth was open, and she was probably staring at my cleavage and abs, I do admit I love showing off my body.

I leaned forward to whisper in her ear, "You have a girlfriend, let's go." And I chuckled, walking out of the doorway and shutting it behind me.

She smiled back, and led me to her car, and I bit my lip. Her ass is almost as big as mine, what the hell-

"Hey, mani eyes up here." She winked and opened the passenger door for me, as I rolled my eyes and got in; not saying thanks.

She laughed and closed the door. This is not a "friendship." It's a "flirtationship."

She didn't hound me for not putting on a seat belt, and as we drove back into the bigger part of the city; I realized she didn't tell me where we were going.

I decided not to ask, I sometimes like surprises.

No one was talking, but Lauren was humming along to whatever song she was playing on the radio, and she looks hot while she's driving I do have to admit. It kind of gives off an alpha male vibe like she's the one who takes control in sex; fuck, Mani, teen hormones.

You. Are. 14.
And there's also Camila, and I'm not supposed to like Lauren in the first place.

There we go, back to normal.

"We're here." She said, parking the car next to the building and getting out.

I couldn't tell what it was from the outside, and as Lauren opened the door for me; all I could smell was food.

I smiled, and took Lauren's hand, as she brought me to the front door.

I was nervous, but her contact comforted me. I felt safe.

She opened the door, and as I looked inside my jaw dropped. It was a gymnastics place, hidden inside this house building. People were trying to walk across the balance beam without falling, some gave up and went to the mats.

"Lauren, what?" I was still surprised but I was extremely happy.

Gymnastics was a huge passion of mine, but I had to give it up when I was younger because of money.

"How did you know I love gymnastics?" I asked Lauren, grinning from ear to ear.

She looked down, and smirked.
"You have the body for it. Lucky guess?"

I shrugged and playfully punched her arm, we ran to the counter so we could grab leotards in our size.

Mine was a very dark purple, and Lauren picked a black one; not surprising.

But she looked very good in it. She turned around and looked at me.

I think she caught me.

"You ready to have some fun?"
Oh dear lord, her eyes.

"U-uhm, yeah."
I didn't think about Masi once.