Sechs

"It is so good to see you here tonight, my little lambs. The Ouran Host Club would like to bid you: welcomes," Tamkaki said, placing his hand on his chest and bowing. The lights on the chandeliers all turned on by themselves, the orchestra all began to play in sync and all the girls at the bottom all applaud at Tamaki's welcome. They were all dressed in bright clothes, not something that I was most find of, but I noticed Yuuki in the crowd, Kaname beside her.

"Why did Kaname come?" I muttered.

"As always ladies, the Host Club members are here for your entertainment," Kyouya says, extending his arms. "So we invite you to dance to your hearts content. Based on her dancing skills, one lucky lady will be chosen as tonight's Queen. The Queen's reward will be a passionate kiss on the cheek from our King."

"Good luck to you all," Takami bids. "My darlings." The girls all start fan-girl squealing and I watch as one girl faints. The girls here are no different from the girls in the Day Class at Cross Academy.

"And one more thing," Kyouya calls. "As you probably already know, the Host Club has a new member. Let's all give him a proper welcome: Yuuta Kuran."

All the girls begun to clap louder, some giving out girly fan-girl screams. I groaned. "I am so not looking forward to this," I mutter. I looked over to see that Haruhi was also not enjoying this very much. Hikaru and Kaoru appeared behind her.

"Haruhi, show some enthusiasm," they say together with their creepy twin connection.

"Well excuse me you guys, sorry. I'm not used to these kind of things," Haruhi says. "I've only gone to the festivals held in my neighbourhood park."

"I don't know if you really could consider that a party or not," Kyouya said, writing in his black book. He looks up at me. "What about you Yuuta? Have you ever attended a party?"

"I've only ever gone to one party like this, and that was a party held at my old school after exams," I muttered. "But I don't like to think about that."

"Why not Yuu-Chan?" Honey asked.

"Because it was the night my birth mother died," I answered. "She ... well, she died after someone murdered her."

Honey begun to cry and he flung himself on to me, causing me to stagger. "I'm so sorry Yuu-Chan! I'll go get you some cake!" He jumped off me and ran away towards the sweets bar.

"It's alright," I mutter. "Up until last year I had no memories of my past, so when she died I didn't know she was actually my mother. But ..."

At that time, I had offered myself to Shizuka for her to drink my blood in exchange for her giving Zero her blood to stop him from falling to Level E. I was going to let her bite me so that she could get more power, turning me into a vampire like Zero, when in fact she had wanted to 'Awaken' me into my true Pureblood form so that she could take me with her when she leaves the academy to get more power. It didn't turn out that way though, but at that time I didn't know that she wanted me with her. I just thought she wanted more power. My mother truly did love me.

"Well, since you are already here you may as well get yourself something to eat," Kyouya says, looking over at Haruhi as Honey appeared, holding out a plate of vanilla cake. At least it wasn't chocolate: I hate chocolate. Vanilla, however, was my favourite. I took the plate from Honey and stuffed the whole cake into my mouth, devouring it. Human food didn't taste the same as it did when I was a human after I became a vampire, but I still loved the taste.